PDA

View Full Version : HOW_TO_Real_Slide_Effects...

Hiddenman.fr
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Hello all,

This message is intended to Igors but anyone with an answer will win my heart.

How to make a real slide effect in EIAS?
http://guetapens.wip.free.fr/images/slide_01.jpg

The problem here lies in the fact that the image shadow on the floor isn't at the good proportions (I used the Projection tab of Light to do that) and even I would have done a good fit, I wouldn't be able to move the light and keep a perfect projection image.

Shouldn't Raytrace Transmission do that?

Thanks for any help.

Igors
07-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi, StephaneShouldn't Raytrace Transmission do that?RT Transmission cannot help cause the slide has no volume. But why not a normal RT shadow (soft or not as you want)? Set "Color Filter" transparency mode with "use surface color" filter for slide material. Maybe it also makes a sense to add another one "shadow only" slide to add more or less shadows on edges etc.

Hiddenman.fr
07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah it is working in Substractive mode. But I just come accross with a more brighter solution (brighter in the render of shadows). The RTS shader of Konkeptoine, with it I can project a colored shadow. Thanks for you help, I don't know why it wasn't working before.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.