PDA

View Full Version : Character: an Elf (no not a LOTR one) named Mikha

gnarlycranium
01-20-2003, 07:39 PM
I got whacked upside the head last night by one of those drawing bugs that just... whacks a person upside the head. This is the result: 15 minutes of scribbling with a mechanical pencil with a defunct eraser, on a plain old piece of printer paper. Usually I try to be as realistic as possible, but this time I actually managed something a little stylized, fun to do somethin new!

This is Mikhaela (Mikha for short)... a Sidhe warrior who is outcast from his own kind because he still posesses a human soul. He is shy, compassionate, and softspoken. He likes to read books, ride horses... um... take long walks on the beach... kill big nasty monsters with sharp things... and um... you know, stuff like that. :D

I won't be able to update for a while... but after I get paid and I get my Wacom, ladies and gentlemen, believe you me I will go NUTS on this thing!!! :buttrock:

http://www.logrhythms.com/Leah/Mikhasketch01.jpg

gnarlycranium
01-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Oops... you know what? This actually belongs in the WIP section, doesn't it? Argh! I got excited and forgot what I was doing! I figured, hey, it's 2d, so... bah!

jeroentje
01-20-2003, 08:47 PM
2D is 2D, wip or final ;)

Cheers,
Jeroentje, your 2D moderator.

gnarlycranium
01-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Oh! Good! Phew, that's a relief. For a minute there I was feeling really stoopid. :)

chrisdejoya
01-21-2003, 08:55 AM
try viewing the drawing in a mirror, and tell us what you see.

gnarlycranium
01-21-2003, 09:29 AM
What for? I can tell it's lopsided looking at it frontwise, too... :p Drawing symmetrically by hand with no eraser is darn hard. I will fix that, no worries.

gnarlycranium
01-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Okay... so I still don't have a tablet. I had to start anyway. It's driving me nuts. So, this is what I did today, working with the mouse as long as I could without cramping my whole arm and going insane. Just blocking out the shapes and trying to get an idea of lighting.

http://www.logrhythms.com/Leah/MikhaSketch02.jpg

KingMob
01-22-2003, 11:18 PM
looks really good..especially for having no tablet! hoorah for non tablet users!

start sharpening the details and such, i think youll have a nice little peice here!

gnarlycranium
01-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Sharpening.. details... with mouse... so... jagged!! :argh: Non tablet users are abused and neurotic and quickly losing all rational thought and hand-eye coordination, geeeack!! :scream:

For the eyes, I think I'm gonna bring in the big guns, and use MAX! Hoo-ahh!

They'll look something liiike... this! Only with eyelashes and stuff. I'll cut out the irises and paste em in the layers, and then probably blur em a bit so they'll fit with the rest of the pic...

http://www.logrhythms.com/Leah/VioletTest01.jpg

FraggleFart
01-24-2003, 01:32 AM
I like the early colouring, misty and etherial! Max eyes look promising. Will be watching this, it looks really really good.
Great to see you working without a tablet, makes it feel awesome when you use one again!!!
Keep going:wip: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gnarlycranium
01-25-2003, 07:40 AM
Thanks, dood!

Part of the reason it's so foggy is because of working with the mouse-- I can't shade with smaller lines at all, the detail stuff gets all jagged. I need to sharpen it up... ethereal is good, but only to a point. The fogginess is a little too girly for my tastes... Heck, somebody walked by in the office yesterday and saw my screen, and mistook him for a woman..... he's not supposed to be girly dammit!! :scream: He is a man! And a fierce one, too! If you make fun of him for reading books and being nice, he'll stab you with something sharp!! Grrr!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.