PDA

View Full Version : Rigging a cape in max

antodonnell
07-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi guys, made a low poly model of superman, now i ve come to rigging time after him sitting on my harddrive for the last few months. So I m stuck on how to rig the cape. I ve already tried a few different approaches. What I want is a rig for it I can animate myself with some controls or bones or some thing. Any help at all would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mahlon
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
If you're using Max 7 or 8, you might look into using the Cloth modifier. It's perfect fot things like capes. If you're don't have the cloth modifier, have a look at the Joan of Arc tutorial at 3dTotal.com. I believe the creator shows you how to set up some simple cloth with splines controling it. You could then adapt the idea to your cape.

Mahlon

antodonnell
07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks Mahlon, I did have that tut before, but seeing it again, now it helps also found a few others on that site, once again huge thanks.

I ll try get it sorted when I do I ll post up a test

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.