PDA

View Full Version : major doubt pls help

antonymuse
07-24-2006, 03:26 PM
hi guys, i am a beginner to maya and i have a doubt. I would be grateful if you could solve it for me.

I am trying to model a character. For it i have to perform a symmetry operation. I have been using 3ds max for modeling all along and performing a mirror is simple in max while it is very nonsensical in maya at present for me, i know it's beacuse i don't know much of it but could anyone help me because it would be a great favor for me if you could.

I have one more problem. Yesterday i found that when i hit spacebar; my hotbox isn't opening. Is there any menu command i need to activate? Pls help

thanks in advance

hanskloss
07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Hit and hold Spacebar. If the hotbox doesn't appear look at your hotkeys if spacebar is in fact assigned to activate the hotbox. It should be the default setting. If that doesn't work, try fiddling with you graphics settings.

antonymuse
07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
thanks hanskloss, but i haven't fiddled at all with my hotkeys. One instant i pressed the sapcebar and the hotbox simply didn't show up. It actually troubled me a lot.

How do i fiddle with the graphic settings. Could u pls elaborate?

hanskloss
07-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Video driver settings. What video card are you using? Driver version?

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2006, 05:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.