PDA

View Full Version : anyone using messiah studio?

fig
01-20-2003, 04:42 PM
i'm currently looking into my options as far as purchasing software and messiah studio is looking like an interesting option (as long as i find something else to model in). anyone here using it/used it/love it/hate it/etc.? thanks.

chris

yog
01-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Actually Messiah Studio (Animate, Render and Develope) hasn't been released yet, it's about 16 months behind schedule.

Messiah Animate has been out for about 6 months, but most studios I know that use Messiah in their production are still using the version 1.57 plug-in because of transfer issues.

Every know and then I try and get my head around Messiah 1.57 (or is I'm fealling masocistic, the demo of Messiah Animate) again, but despite being an obviously great tool the major differences in workflow between it and LW means my brain has a really hard time adjusting.
I'm still holding out for Messiah Render though, perhaps this year ? :shrug:

fig
01-20-2003, 08:13 PM
cool, thanks yog. i guess from reading some things it sounded like the advance release that was out included the renderer, i may have inferred some things there :) i actually have 1.57 from a while back when i was getting into 3d, then i ended up selling off my lw license and getting more into graphic and new media design for a while. that's still paying the bills but i'm itching to get back into 3d again...

chris

DaveW
01-20-2003, 09:02 PM
I find it pretty easy to use, just go through the included docs. Since you've used 1.57 you shouldn't have a hard time with Animate. If you want a nice free modeler, try Wings 3d. It's a sort of a clone of Mirai's modeler, really good for SubD's. If you really need a renderer you can get the advance copy of Studio, so basically you become a beta tester. I don't use Messiah anymore because Lightwave is still my main app and transferring data between the two is too much of a hassle; LW has improved enough that I don't have any desire to use Messiah anymore. It's a great app, but until it's complete I don't think it's worth using.

Julez4001
01-20-2003, 11:15 PM
1.5.7 and Animate 3.3 is awesome.
Studio advance includes the renderer but its still in beta as a renderer.

SplineGod
01-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Julez4001
1.5.7 and Animate 3.3 is awesome.
Studio advance includes the renderer but its still in beta as a renderer.
Im with Dave on this one. Messiah does have poweful tools but so does LW. Ive been doing character animation with it for awhile. I would go as far as you can with Lightwave and then decide if you need to pay a few hundred more.

fig
01-21-2003, 02:13 PM
thanks guys, i'm doing some playing with a variety of packages right now (including maya PLE) to see what i may invest in. i unfortunately no longer have my license of lightwave so that's something i'll need to re-buy if i decide to go with it.

dave, i actually just discovered wings 3d and its...interesting :) still playing with it to try to figure it out, but it definitely has some potential.

thanks for all the feedback, any other thoughts fire away...

chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.