PDA

View Full Version : Actions Quandry

InfraRed
01-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Hi

I am trying to process some images throught an Action and save as a different file type in another folder. Problem is, when the files are saved to the destination folder, they save as the same file - filename0000.jpg

So, even thought the actions are processing correctly and even saving as the correct file type, it is not saving them incrementally from 0000, 0001, 0002 ... etc to 0130.

Can anyone shed light on this as I am about to strangle the computer !!!

Thanks in advance

N:annoyed:

miraldo
01-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Include the "save" operation in your action, specifying the desired destination folder (choose the desired image format, but leave the default name of the file).
Then go to File>Automate>Batch... and choose your action and the source folder. Leave the destination field as "none".
Hope this helps.

InfraRed
01-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks for your reply but, it doesn't work.

I did as you said but when running the batch, the files which are meant to save in the destination folder - simply save as the first file, in this case - Hanging0001.jpg

There were no incremental files created. I have no idea why this is because the source files are incremental. Even when I save the file as Hanging.jpg - they only save to that file??????????

Anyway, thanks for your time

N

miraldo
01-21-2003, 01:27 PM
uhmm... weird, it works fine for me.:shrug:
Well, just to check if we are doing the same operations:
- The resulting files must have the same name as the source files, so you must leave the default filename in the "save as" dialog box - just change the format and the path. You can batch rename the files later if you want (in ACDSee, for instance).
- In the "batch" dialog box specify the action and the source folder, but leave the destination as none, since the file is already being saved by the "save" operation included in the action itself.

This should duplicate your files in a different folder, with the desired image format.

Are you using Photoshop7? This works for me in version 7, but I'm not sure if it works in previous versions.

InfraRed
01-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah

I do use PS 7 but the process simply doesn't work for me. I have followed your advise to the letter but I think the problem is due to the complexity of the actions list.

Thanks again

N

dg
01-29-2003, 03:05 AM
Hi,

I think that the complexity of the action don't have any to do with your problem but in the action it self, try checking your action must have something wrong on the steps of the action.

For files conversion use another action.

For example use one actions to resize, change color etc... from one folder to another, them use another action for the file conversion it self.

The problem may be the "save in" string in the action.

I hope this may help you,
See Ya!

singularity2006
01-29-2003, 03:59 AM
that is awefully odd. I process hundreds of images at a time sometimes and I just do a batch... try recreating the action and in the batch under the save to path, select "none." Someone's already said that, but try it again but by recreating the action.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.