PDA

View Full Version : Critique- My very first *flash* site

ienjoypie
01-20-2003, 01:12 PM
www.geocities.com/kos_cartel (http://www.geocities.com/kos_cartel)

Well this is my first *somewhat* flash site, feel free to gimme ur input. It's not completely done yet... still thinkin of what i wanna do wit the buttons and how stuff is gonna animate itself in when pressing them, but otherwise it's pretty much complete.

I'm not sure what im gonna do wit the music in the background...the first song lasts a little too long i think but i'll see what you all think.

The site is for an on-line, turn-based game called Realthugz. I'm doing a site for one of the cartels on there called *KOS*Kings of the Street. I'm just basically doing this to get practice w/ flash so yeah, im open to any of ur suggestions. Be mean if ya wanna, only way im gonna get better ;p

any input is, as always, appreciated

thx a lot.

p.s. yah i know geocities is crusty =D

TumikSmacker
01-26-2003, 09:04 AM
love the tunes :D nice :D

knebbes
01-26-2003, 09:41 AM
- add a preloader
- to stop the music you can use the command "stopAllSounds"
- i don't like that you can't see what's behind the buttons before you roll over with your mouse

TheWriter
01-26-2003, 02:01 PM
I've seen that image before, just forget what game it was. Lords of the Realm come into mind but I don't think it was that. BTW, I think you may get better performance if not running off a geoshitties account.

ienjoypie
01-27-2003, 04:35 AM
TheWriter - yeah....geocities bites, but i wasn't gonna pay for hosting seeming the site wasn't for me so i just found the most convenient one at that moment =D. I really dunno where that image came from... the dood who wanted me to do the site jus sent it to me and told me to put it up there so i did.

knebbes - yah.. i need a preloader =/, i could just never seem to get any of em to work :*-[, but i haven't tried in awhile, and im better wit flash now so mebbe i'll understand more.

I added a stop button usin the attach.sound / sound.stop method in my .fla, i just haven't got to uploading it yet, should prolly do that one o these days (in fact, i think i'll do it right now ;p)

Mebbe i'll mess wit the alpha level's on the static so you can partially see what's behind or something *shrugs* somethin to look at n e ways.

Tumik - hehe yah, i like em too ;p. gogo System of a Down and Fruity Loops (for the 2nd one)

DannyB
01-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Whoa, 1.1 mb thats far too big. Work on reducing size so download is quicker.

ienjoypie
01-31-2003, 06:02 AM
lmao yeah... crappin music file is too big, but im done messing wit the site, the ppl i was doin it for went AWOL so i said forget it. It's aight tho cause i learned some stuff in the process of puttin it together, so it's all good =D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.