PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Conect To Bins

may99
07-22-2006, 08:35 PM
any idea why fusion refuses to connect to bins "library on localhost (acces denied)" that all
i get?

any ideas firewall is of ....

izyk
07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
A running copy of Fusion is actually 3 applications. If you look in the task manager you will see three processes. The first is Fusion.exe, which handles the GUI and rendering. The second is eyeonScript, which handles all script related services. The third is eyeonServer.exe, which is responsible for monitoring renders and producing the bins.

All of these processes communicate with each other via TCP/IP. So if yor firewall is somehow restricting communications even between apps running on the same machine, then Fusion would be unable to communicate with eyeonServer, and this message would appear.

What applications are you using for a firewall?

Kman3d
01-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I just cant figure it out! fusion cant connect to Bins on localhost!!! I have Avg and a router... but I turn the Firewall off, and it still doesnt work! the router has got nothing to do with that, only if the application is tryin to connect to the outside world... I'm preaty lost as I cant get it to work!!! no matter what i try!!! (seting up server on diffrent PC's, creating Servers in Fusion) maby the User settings in Bins settings have somthing to do with that????
Any one figured it out?

Thanx!!!

izyk
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Sounds like it might be time to contact our support department - this sort of problem is not normal. tech@eyeonline.com, or call 416 686-8411 x300. I can help you on this forum also, but I patrol it infrequently, so this is slower.

If you are on the west coast, feel free to call me directly at 310 963-7385 as well.

The first thing I would want to know is what happens when you do the following.

Start Fusion
Select 'Start / Run' from the Windows Taskbar
Type cmd into the Run dialog then hit enter
Type cd 'c:\Program Files\Fusion 5' in the command prompt, then hit enter (change to match the directory for your installation if different)
Type eyeonScript -i, then hit enter
Type == fusion("localhost") then hit enter

Copy and paste the results and send them to me via the forum or by email at izyk @ eyeonline . com

may99
01-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Apparently fusion has problem with NOD antivirus or AVG but mostly with NOD i have emailled NOD about this since i dont think this is Fusions probelm....

solution :
uninstall NOD or AVG... restart
check fusion all should be fine...

install AVAST or NORTON... both are fine as far as fusion goes...

hope this helps

Kman3d
01-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi izyk, here is the output:

stdin:1: attempt to call global 'fusion' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stdin:1: in main chunk

Doesnt make alot of sense to me :)

izyk
01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh. I know what that means. It means I screwed up. That should be a capitol F, like this:

==Fusion("localhost")

Sorry. Could you try again?

Kman3d
01-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi,

I just try and nothing happens.... No output at all...
Maby I'm doing somthing wrong?
What should it type?

Also tryed to uninstall AVG on one of the computers and it didnt help!

izyk
01-04-2007, 01:04 AM
No output? That means eyeonScript can't connect to Fusion. I am suprised that Bins are the only place you see problems. As far as I know, you shouldn't even be able to render, or save a composition.

AVG is not a problem for Fusion. So far only NOD32 and an ancient bandwidth limiter called NetLimiter have been known to cause problems with the communication between eyeonScript and Fusion.

Can I get a complete list of the processes running on your system? A screenshot of the taskmanager is usually a good way to get this. You can email that to me privately if you don't want to put it on the forum. [ izyk @ eyeonline . com ]

Kman3d
01-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi,
I'm Currently not home, so I'll post the processess later... But You said netlimiter couses problems, and I've used it... (I've uninstalled it I think... or Maby just disabled it, and use it on My server only)...
Any way I'm glad you've mentiond it to me... :)

I'll let you know if that was the case :)

Kman3d
01-04-2007, 03:06 PM
LOL Man your a genuies!!! :) Finaly the bins working again!!!

It was Netlimiter 1.30... It was disabled so I compleatly forgot about it... Any way uninstalled and everything works like a charm!!!

Do you know what is cousing the problem? and what can I do? (couse I use it on My server and I want to set it as a RenderSlave..) is there a problem in Netlimiter Ver 2 too?

Thanks again!!!:)

izyk
01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I have not done any testing myself, but one of our developers reports that the latest version of NetLimiter does not seem to exhibit the problem.

The situation arises because NetLimiter (and NOD32) replace the windows TCP/IP stack with a custom version, which is apparently either buggy, or incomplete.

Kman3d
01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Yep, Tested it works with ver 2 (lite),

Really thanx for helping Izyk :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.