View Full Version : building texturing

waseemkadri
07-22-2006, 12:23 PM
hi all here is my latest work, I textured this building, texture size 4096x2048
3 maps diffuse,specular & normal map.

MK2
07-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi,

i like the texture work... i really love rotten and dirty textures :)
But i dont like the model that much... it just looks like one big box.
(1st pic: from the roof to the ground, one perfect, straight line, doesent fit with the texture)
You have some much nice details in the texture... now give some details to the model too :)

waseemkadri
07-22-2006, 02:32 PM
i cant do that its outsourced project, I cant even change object name.:-)

ChimpanG
07-22-2006, 03:43 PM
nicely textured but the size is FAR too high, 4096?! the average is a a few 512s.

WesleyTack
07-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Cool worn building, great texturework, but my main problem with it would be the awning, it looks to rigib, and seems out of place with the rest of the building. Some rips in it would be cool imHo.

- wesley

UnAlternate
07-22-2006, 06:41 PM
i really like it but think it would look more realistic if you desaturated the entire texture a notch, and also tinted the daker hues a bit more towards cyan and blue, while keeping the midtones and highlights neutral. right now, the entire texture seem a bit to red/yellow imho.

great work! :)

LaughingBun
07-22-2006, 11:29 PM
im not sure what you had to work with model wise, but for the size of that texture it seems like a waste, you could have made a few tilable textures for the walls and provided better performance with smaller textures and gotten better resolution out of it. but that would require the model to be modified allitle, so if you can change it then its not your fault. WHat you did does look good though just not very effecient.

Digitalwerk
07-23-2006, 10:54 PM
im not sure what you had to work with model wise, but for the size of that texture it seems like a waste, you could have made a few tilable textures for the walls and provided better performance with smaller textures and gotten better resolution out of it. but that would require the model to be modified allitle, so if you can change it then its not your fault. WHat you did does look good though just not very effecient.

I agree!

You get a better resolution of the texture if you made some tileable textures, like the green walls. The grafiities, grunge and holes can be decals. and for the straight boarder, do some cracks in it or some bricks sticking out.

waseemkadri
07-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanx for yr replies?
This is not a ps2 model infact this is for nextgen game, thats y texture size is so high.
HusaArfana: Nice suggestion, breaking some bricks.

Prs-Phil
07-24-2006, 10:56 AM
not bad, I don't think the german peeps would be to happy with you showing that off.

waseemkadri
07-24-2006, 11:03 AM
They took long to reply so I thought I lost d project thats y i put it on forum, if theres still hope i am deleteing Images.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2006, 11:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.