PDA

View Full Version : My new Website

gL_spear
01-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Its been a long time in the pipeworkso I eventually got the finger out and walllaaahhhhh!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~glsphere

Maxx
01-20-2003, 11:13 AM
Nice work! The only problem that I saw in the couple minutes I looked around is that, if you're in, say, the 3D section and click on the Home nav button, your background goes away. It does it when you jump from any page back to Home.

Netscape 7, PII 1gHz, WinXP.

HTH

gL_spear
01-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Thanx Maxx, well spotted, I've fixed the problem and i'll update it tonight

De-Cypher
01-28-2003, 06:25 AM
very slick... like the style... like I have mentioned in other posts... use the loadmovie script to load your images instead of having them pop up...

You know that you can load jpgs dynamically into flash mx now? (they cannot be progressive optimized). What you can do is create either an empty MC where the gallery is and call the loadmovie script to load the JPG into the empty MC or you can create seperate SWF for each of your jpgs (with text, info whatever) and load them into a level. Your main movie is on _level0 you can load load them above that, like _level5. Just make sure to make your image SWFs the same stage size as your main movie and position your image as if it where a top layer in photoshop, floating over your interface...

Look up the load movie references in flash. if you have questions on how this can be done... just ask.

gL_spear
01-28-2003, 11:22 AM
Thanks De-Cypher good comment :thumbsup: original I had all the menu system as a floating toolboxes lsomething like photoshops but went with a more static approach it looked less cluttered, I'm working on how the Jpgs are being loaded up in the same way you mentioned

Trickster
01-28-2003, 10:32 PM
wow... i love what you did on the buildings and stuff!!

gL_spear
01-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks Trickster, I've another Envoriment wooded 'Mountain City' in progress at the moment its not up there yet as I'm going to post it when its finished ;)

unLevel
02-01-2003, 03:41 AM
sleek, clean, and extensive use of red lines, what more can someone ask for?

A+++

Michael Chen
02-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Very nice, the motion blurs of the menu items looks sweet (when there entered the page).

Keep up the good work :)

Tell me when the whole site is complete :buttrock:

Trickster
02-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by gL_spear
Thanks Trickster, I've another Envoriment wooded 'Mountain City' in progress at the moment its not up there yet as I'm going to post it when its finished ;)

cool!!! i hope it's pretty soon!!! :D i can't wait!!! *Trickster eagerly waiting*

gL_spear
02-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone.

Trickster the 'Mountain city' will be posted tonight. For some reason I can't update my site from work, I have to wait until i get home .... paaaaiiiiin.:annoyed:

Slacker
02-03-2003, 11:27 PM
nice design. :thumbsup: I like the bird flying around in your background. If there was a way to get your cursor on top of the images, it would help. Also, there is kind of a delay between when you click a thumbnail till the actual pic shows up. I thought at first it wasn't working... just an observation. keep up the good work.

gL_spear
02-04-2003, 11:50 AM
yeah! I spotted that after I uploaded the site, I'm going to put preloaders in just before the images appear.

denika_r
02-09-2003, 03:31 PM
The site looks good but function is questionable. How to use the line-square curser is not obvious and doubly confusing when you open up the image. Since the cursor remained behind the image it took me five minutes to figure out how to close the thing. The cusor is a cool idea but it might help to get it on top of images and if the square would do something different when you get into the hit area like change color or light up.:lightbulb

:thumbsup: Great start. Keep up the good work.

snapthewhip.tripod.com (http://snapthewhip.tripod.com)

Trickster
02-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by gL_spear
Thanks everyone.

Trickster the 'Mountain city' will be posted tonight. For some reason I can't update my site from work, I have to wait until i get home .... paaaaiiiiin.:annoyed:

*Trickster peeved off in the background*:annoyed:

gL_spear
02-11-2003, 11:33 AM
sorry Trickster 'Mountain City' its been posted a while although will be updated (new lighting and Background)soon too busy playing unreal2 at the moment... ;)

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41574

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.