PDA

View Full Version : 800 x 600?

stevester1
07-22-2006, 04:37 AM
Hey guess, I was testing it amazing app out once again and when I tried to load up an uncompressed avi @ 800x600 30 fps (than I tried the quicktime equivalent) I wasn't able to see it in the viewport and the application got extremely laggy. But if I load an image sequence of the same clip it works perfectly... any suggestions?

razorback
08-05-2006, 12:02 AM
You don't really mention how the .avi was created, but I some how suspect that the problem lies there. Fusion can import all sorts of image sequences without any problems, but gives problems when they're imported as movies, and the movies weren't created in an acceptable fashion. Try the same footage, but as a .mov.

P/s : Try not to composite using movie files, regardless of application, unless you absolutely have to. It will save you alot of headaches in future.

Inker123
08-12-2006, 02:41 AM
probably has to do with the codec used with the AVI. There are a lot of free codecs available on the web that aren't compatible with most compositing packages. Always always always use an image sequance if you can. When you capture your footage, save it uncompressed then move it into an image sequence of some kind asap.

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2006, 02:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.