PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a toon/cell renderer plugin?

everlite
07-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction for a list of toon/cell renderers for max (8), with reviews been an added bonus, or any recommendations?

I've tried illustrate, but hey maybe i didn't give it a chance but it didn't do too well for me.

I love the sketch & toon renderer for cinema, is this available for max? or something similar?

- Dave.

micster
07-24-2006, 08:19 AM
You might want to look into Liquid+ and Pencil+ from a company called PSOFT (http://www.psoft.co.jp/visual/en/). I hadn't ever heard of them before, but I saw some impressive stuff on there website. Please check out my website too since your interested in cel-shading :)

-Mic

everlite
07-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi,

Cheers that looks great, though a little too arty for what i need, i guess i need a good cell rendering, that's flexible, fast and clean. So any suggestions?

Nice website by the way, just about to take a look through :-)

Just had a look, though i'm surprised given the topic of your website that you don't have a buyers guide / reviews of cell shader/render plugins. This would be great for people like me just tredding the water trying to see what there is. A nice list with a short review and links would be really great.

- Dave.

SoLiTuDe
07-25-2006, 05:13 AM
how about finaltoon by cebas?

vaXn8d
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm with Solitude, finaltoon is really kick-ass. I haven't used a wide variety of cell shaders, but final toon was really impressive with how many options and ways to customize the look it had.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.