PDA

View Full Version : Build Your Ideal CG Work Space!

Y-Guy
12-28-2001, 09:06 PM
Hey everyone! Lets become creative, and build our own workstation. You can be as creative as you want to and post your WIPs here!

Here are some ideas off the top of my head:

-Fantasy Sceme
-Realisticly made wit huge air coolers, and a beer/water/juice tap
- Surreal computers

SOFTWARE: GO crazy and let this get out of hand! Use anything u like; 2D , 3D, its all good!

Ill have some of my own WIPs by monday or sooner!

SheepFactory
12-29-2001, 01:02 AM
hmmm....after seeing that aura thing i am in :D

Beeronimo
12-29-2001, 02:19 PM
hmm,.. that 'beer' thing got my attention,... :D

I'm in....

Any deadlines?

Khar_Negt
12-29-2001, 05:55 PM
Just after read the first post I've got idea... youhouuuuuu :)
So I'm in too :). Uhmm, when will I work for school? ;)

hmc4me
12-29-2001, 09:01 PM
Must it be designed or will a pic of my actual workstation be good.

I am in the process of remodeling a house I bought and I turned one room into my work area. We am working on it now.

When is this due.

I will have before and after pics of my new home around March. If it all works out like I plan, and it should, this house will rock. :)

SheepFactory
12-30-2001, 04:06 AM
Lets have some WIP's ready by next friday , is it ok with everybody?

A|i

Y-Guy
12-31-2001, 04:19 PM
Sure! Ill have mine! Im free all this week to catch up on my school work and stuff, so ill definety have time!

floatingrunner
12-31-2001, 04:54 PM
i'm in too :D

err... btw, what do you mean work station.

Y-Guy
12-31-2001, 05:19 PM
The 'station can be watever you want'
For example: Im making a room where I work, and play, a fantasy setting!

A table with some stuff on it would be cool too. As long as you have an idea about the objects you wanna put in the setting, and they relate to you, and how you work.

Did that clear it up? :cool:

wolf
12-31-2001, 06:22 PM
Heh, all the competition all of sudden.

Y-Guy
12-31-2001, 06:29 PM
This is not a competition, this is just for fun. there is not really a copeditive feeling about this one. Its only what you can dream up, and what other people can say about it.

floatingrunner
12-31-2001, 07:18 PM
reminds me of one of them projects they asked you to do in art class long ago, in 2D design your 'dream' bedroom...

it's fun...

Y-Guy
12-31-2001, 07:32 PM
Exactly, its all for the sake of imagination. I think if you aent enjoying something, you really cant put in your best, especially if it is an art form.

dave_baer
01-12-2002, 06:11 AM
ok... saw this thread, got totally inspired. So here's my submission. I'm a total Giger's ALIEN freak. So I wanted to build a desk in that perspective. And here it is...
http://www.fraghq.com/biomekanix/desk.jpg

=P

Error323
01-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Hahahhaha YEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!! WHeere the *PEEP* can i buy it !!!! ^_^

pascal_blanche
01-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Don't you want to wait for February the 1th? I`t`s gonna be a mess if we start to have two themes in a row...

fellipe
01-12-2002, 07:26 PM
pascal: just an idea. you or lildragon, or both, could put some oder in the contests. Everyone could give ideas (like y-guys or cerreto) then the mods could choose the proper dates. The alien pirate freak is the first challenge, and expires february 1st. then the Y-guy's ideal desktop, until perhaps April 1st, and so on.....

by the way, will be only one winner? are 2d and 3d at the same package? just some stupid questions to give you more work =D

Y-Guy
01-14-2002, 10:55 PM
I agree, clarity and organization id key in this situation... So may be we can post a different page up with contest dues dates.

lildragon
01-14-2002, 11:07 PM
I have to agree with Pascal here, having two themes will or more will really crap stuff, what we can do is yeh you guessed it wait till this one is finished, than put some more ideas like this one up for suggestions...

I have to say if you start this challenge in the midst of Pascal's challenge you all will get crushed with the great amount of enthusiam going right now for pirates, ;) so the best thing to do is wait till feb 1st and see from there....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.