PDA

View Full Version : Zdepth info gets lost...

stevecullum
07-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I've got a project I'm trying to put together for a deadline, but one of the bits of RPF footage is a little too short. No problem I thought... I'll use timespeed and slow things down a little. Only problem is the Z depth info gets lost making the composite impossible :(

Does anyone know how I can retime the footage without losing the Zdepth channel?

Thanks in advance!

EricD
07-21-2006, 01:09 PM
What version are you using? This works fine for me (with .iff anyway, don't have an .rpf sequence handy)

You could render your depth pass as rgb (float) timespeed, then bol into z. Frame interpolation will have to be off or it will mess up the z depth.

stevecullum
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm using Digital Fusion 4. I thought about doing it this way too, but I'm wondering now if I export from DF as an IFF sequence, would A: retain the Z buffer data and B: would work with Version 4?

Its been suggested on the other forum that interpolation is what is killing it, so perhaps its time to break out the channel boolean tool!

Cheers.

razorback
08-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Another option would be to do whatever you need to do before retiming, then there would not be any problems even if you lose the ZDepth info.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2006, 11:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.