PDA

View Full Version : Lip Syncing in a Scene… trouble?

marsfal
07-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi CGTalkies!

Please. I don't want to bother. Just in case you got the time…
I have set up my SCENE by importing a room and two simple characters (don't want to do all in one place), actually one character is a copy of the other (including mouth Blend Shapes), modified a bit and saved with a different name.
Now. I've finished lip-syncing C1 (character 1), then I go to C2… I turn of the sound in the Timeline, import another sound. Select my character #2… try to go to its own set of Blend Shapes but the character gets deselected and I keep on seeing C1's mouth BShapes' key frames!
WHAT am I doing wrong?

Please HELP…

Thanks and good luck for everyone.
Marcelo.

mindsample
07-21-2006, 01:39 PM
how did you duplicate your character? I assume you have not duplicated the input graph and both characters are still driven by the same blendshapes.

marsfal
07-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi CGTalkies!

Please. I don't want to bother. Just in case you got the time…
I have set up my SCENE by importing a room and two simple characters (don't want to do all in one place), actually one character is a copy of the other (including mouth Blend Shapes), modified a bit and saved with a different name.
Now. I've finished lip-syncing C1 (character 1), then I go to C2… I turn of the sound in the Timeline, import another sound. Select my character #2… try to go to its own set of Blend Shapes but the character gets deselected and I keep on seeing C1's mouth BShapes' key frames!
WHAT am I doing wrong?

Please HELP…

Thanks and good luck for everyone.
Marcelo.

I'm sorry. All the time I was refering to "character" it was not. I take a bunch of pieces together and "group" them in a single node… naming this group a "character" is awfuly wrong… isn't it, even if that node has a person's name (correct me if i'm wrong again).

Thanks mindsample for bringing up the subject.

marsfal
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
I just pressed command+d (Mac) would that have duplicated the input graph also?
If I DELETE each one's HISTORY would that help?

Thanks for taking the trouble to read and answer.

how did you duplicate your character? I assume you have not duplicated the input graph and both characters are still driven by the same blendshapes.

mindsample
07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
the Duplicate Input Graph option can be found in the Duplicate Option Box.

wigal
that depends on what your recent duplicate option is.... use the option box for the duplicate function and check for the correct settings...

EDIT: ooops toooo slow :)

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.