PDA

View Full Version : how to break glass, freeze it and move the cam..?

tfortier
07-21-2006, 03:52 AM
hi, I was wondering about a way to break a few glass screens, see all the shards fly by, freeze the motion (glass all over the air) and continue move my camera around between all the suspended broken glass...

any suggestion?

tks
t

edit: tight deadline.. need few finish frames tomorow for approbation...
is there a Timewarp fonction with independant cam in lw9 ?

cyroz2000
07-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Salut, Hi!
Did that once...

I had this clip to do were a truck had to go through a mirror, breacking it...
basically the warkaround used here was :
- setup the scene, without time freeze..
- setup my camera movement, the time effect had to be 2sec,
so I cloned 50 times my camera, one for each frame of the movement, and moved the keys..
rendered the first part, the 50 cameras, and the end parts... very boring, but it worked great..
motion blur and all worked great also as I rendered different cameras of the same frame of my animation. It was with Lightwave 7.0, I think it's possible to do with motion mixer (since 7.5), with a timewarp curve, but you'll loose motion blur...

Hope it helps...

Niklas Collin
07-21-2006, 07:40 AM
I see you are using LW9, from the feature list of 9:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/highlights2.php#5

Sounds like a solution for your problem...

tfortier
07-21-2006, 11:23 AM
good... then TW will not be a problem..!

but for explode my screen? should I use someplugin like break it or something like that?

or just link chunk model to particle fx?

tks

ps: yo ciroz.. very nice idea! ;P

Shade01
07-21-2006, 04:04 PM
There was a plugin called C4 that did everything you are asking to do, and made it easy. Try searching around for that.

tfortier
07-21-2006, 09:10 PM
thanks shade... I tried C4 and its work well! Im just hoping it will work well in lw 9... right now im in 8...

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2006, 09:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.