PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenges

cativo_mio
07-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone,

How can I find out who did the modelling for each challenge so I can credit them on my demo reel?

Thanks.
|:)

ShadowM8
07-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Best to PM Jeremy and ask.

jeremybirn
07-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I added credits to the download page, so you don't need to look through each discussion thread:
http://www.3drender.com/challenges/index.htm

-jeremy

Freak!!
08-06-2006, 12:58 AM
When is challenge 6 going to start?

ShadowM8
08-06-2006, 02:01 AM
My guess is that it will begin shortly after Jeremy returns from Siggraph. So look for some news this upcoming week.

jeremybirn
08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm back from SIGGRAPH. I haven't heard from Dan Wade with his hallway scene yet, and his PM box is full, so I sent him e-mail and am waiting for a reply. If he gets me that scene in time, we will start with it this week.

There's another scene (that ShadowM8 modeled) which is all set to go, but I think the order of the challenges is important. Ideally we could use one like the hallway next, that is purely about lighting and not dependant on translucency, shading, and refraction. I won't give too much away, but the one ShadowM8 modeled is a real challenge in several ways. ;)

-jeremy

Freak!!
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the info.....
I did find the last challenge a little to texture based personally,
so i did not have time to contribute, so a more lighting specific
challenge would be great. Dan's hallway would be a good one, but if not i look forward to ShadowM8's.

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.