PDA

View Full Version : WACOM using 2 monitors? Advice please!

jussing
01-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone! I've been asking about WACOMs and 19" monitors, and getting lots of good response! Now I have a combi-question:

How does a WACOM (I have the Graphire 2) behave when you use 2 monitors (ie with the Gainward Geforce4 powerpack thingy discussed here earlier)?

I mean, I'd like to use 2 monitors each running 1600x1200, but putting an array of 3200 pixels across the Graphire 2's relatively small A6 might be a bit too much, eh???

Any thoughts or advice? :shrug:

Can you set up the WACOM to only work in 1 screen (though the system works with dual screens), to use the small A6 space more economical??

Thanks for ALL advice & theories!! :)

Cheers,
- jonas

Sieb
01-20-2003, 12:03 AM
You can set the wacom to only work in one monitor and keep the aspect ration the same as your workspace (given that your pad is big enough), or you can have it use your entire desktop (on both screens) like a mouse. I haven't run into any issues with mine and my dual monitors. If you have a really little pad, then slight movements will have a big effect if using boths screens. I'm not sure since mine is 12x12. But as you zoom in an a piece of work, things even out.

Hamilcar
07-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi,

I set mine to work on one screen only, I do this because if I set it to work on both screens I would have to draw an oval on the tablet to get a circle on the screen. I guess I could change the usable(active) area of the tablet to match the aspect ratio of the two monitors but I rather have more drawing space. I also don't like mixing colors on one monitor and then painting on the other. Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla....

kromekat
07-12-2004, 01:38 PM
I have moved from a Graphire 2 to an Intuos 2 A6 on a pair of 17's with a total pixel space of 2560x1024, with the tablet set to work relative to the entire screen areaand I have no problems at all, like most things, you get used to the distances etc. very quickly in my experience.

LoTekK
07-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I have my tablet set up to use the entire screen space for the most part, but tailor the areas to different applications. For Photoshop, for example, I keep my key toolbars on the second monitor, but they don't take up the entire screen, so I set up my wacom to use only a third of the second monitor. I also keep the "Active Area" proportional (using "To Fit" will give you the same problem Ham-E mentioned).

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.