PDA

View Full Version : Matchmoving - Mini Cooper XGR GT

Milkey
07-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi everybody. This my first real attempt at matchmoving and compositing a a CG car.

Details:
Software used: SynthEyes, 3dsMax7/8, Adobe AfterEffects, MentalRay, Brazil R/S, Sony Soundforge.

The quality of the camera tracking solution is kind of low because i was forced to use a 2.5D solution. The original resolution of the shot is actually 320x240. I filmed it with a digicam an "ancient" Canon A40. I had a lot of manual adjusting to do during matchmoving so the camera tends to pan a little bit at the end of the shot. I could of used a 3D sollution but the resolution of the shot did not offered me the necesary detail to track.

LINK - http://www.oddworks.lx.ro/files/mini_xgrgt_final.mov

One little thing i have to mention is that i forgot to add tyre marks in the shot. The final shot was not supposed to include sound and the wheels were not supposed to lock and i got a little bit excited about the hole thing and forgot this kind of detail. :p

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/4144/mxgrthumbhw1.jpg

dutchtilt
07-24-2006, 02:20 AM
love coopers...

-actually i think the track is pretty good----there is something a little sketchy happening at the end of the clip---but i would just edit that out----

is this final comp'd?? if yes, id have several comments on integration----

regarding the track, it totally works for me---especially considering what you had to work with-----nice work

Milkey
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
It's not the final comp. But for now ill try to avoid rerendering some passes. Do go on with the crits about the integration.

As far as I can see for now is that the color levels ar not so leveled :D and i kind of exagerated with the amount of MBlur on the car. I forgot to specify that the MBlur is made with ReelSmartMotionBlur V3 (using vector motion blur, vectors rendered out separatley in Max).

Also the amount of compression on the original shot forced me to add a compression filter over the car to match th original plate. Still i will be very glad to hear some solid crits.

Oh and thanks for the reply i tghout that this post was not so much interesting for anyone.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.