PDA

View Full Version : BodyPaint 2.5 - Lightwave 8.5 exchange problems

INFINITE
07-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry to post this kind of question here, has anyone else had this problem? I recently uypgraded to Bodypaint 2.5 for use with Lightwave 8.5. When I transfer any kind of Subdiveded object to B P 2.5 it loads up and then flat out crashes!! If I then turn the subdivision off, i.e just the caged mesh and transfer that BodyPaint 2.5, it can load the mesh fine and I can work on it but thats no good, the old BP 2 used to work fine. I have contacted Maxon but they are so slow for replies.

Hope anyone can help.

INFINITE.

chikega
07-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Bummer. Glad I didn't upgrade then ... still have BP2. I didn't see anything really compelling to do a point upgrade. Let us know how it goes ...

whereisanykey
07-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I haven't used it for awhile, but I thought I got it to work. When loading in BP it was smoothed. I may had been using LW9 and CC subdivision. Have you tried saving the object and loading it into BP. That's not the most efficient but may work. I'll try it later when at that PC.

grzesiekj
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
you can load the nonsubdivided mesh, and then apply maxons own SDS, - called hyper NUrbs
I dont reccomend to keep the live connection between LW and BP anyways.
Just save your LW with UVs, and then open BP standalone - load your LW object (yes, BP opens LWO format) paint the map, save it and reapply in LW texture editor.

I had a lot of issues with live connection before with LW/BP2.

G

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.