PDA

View Full Version : Multi projection masking with Vertex_rgba Node

Tellerve
03-14-2002, 12:24 AM
Ok, well this is my first post here and I would have rather had something nice to show off but instead I have a question instead.

I just learned how to use the vertex_rgba node to blend two textures together with vertex painting. However, I am having trouble making sense of making it work with three images. I think it has something to do with selecting the Vertex_Color pull down in the PPG of the Vertex_rgba. When I connect the second vertex_rgba into the weight3 of the diffuse node it shows only as grey when using the "P" preview mode. The first vertex_rgba shows up as what I want after having painted it with the vertex color painting tools.

thanks in advance,

Tellerve

Tellerve
03-17-2002, 03:53 AM
*bump*

Ok, well through other sources I was told just to use alpha maps which is fine and I know how to do that but I'd really like to know how to use this seemingly powerful tool that is in XSI.

*sighs*

Tellerve

Atyss
03-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Maybe this will help:
http://estaque.free.fr/tut_mix_textures_via_VertexPainting.html

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Tellerve
03-18-2002, 09:29 AM
LOL, that's actually why I have a question interestingly enough. I did that and another tutorial off of Ed Harriss' site and couldn't figure out how to do multi-projections. The man who did this tutorial you linked to said he'll eventually do another tutorial showing how. I tried to figure it out but the way it seemed like it should work for both me and my instructor didn't. I ended up writing him an email but he hasn't responded yet and I'm not expecting him to now.

Thanks for the effort though,

Tellerve

macoy
03-19-2002, 01:44 AM
I just read a part in xsi2 manual, which is about multi projection. It's in the shading session. Hope u can find it. :)

Tellerve
03-19-2002, 02:53 AM
Ohh, really? Ok I'll look it up and let you know if it answers my question.

update...

Dang, nope found what I think you were talking about but I already knew how to do that part. I think my question is a bit too specific for the manual. I'll keep looking as I know the answer is out there and if I can figure it out I'll be so thrilled as it seems like an awesome ability of XSI. Well, that's assuming it can do what I think it should be able to do.

Tellerve

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.