PDA

View Full Version : guy with a sword(i know i know, cliche)

azreal_hymn
03-14-2002, 01:20 AM
this is a quick sketch i did while i was doing my final year 3d-animation. the pose just struck me and i got to get it on paper, so the design are pretty basic. this is a much cleaner style compare to my previous post, psycho on strokes. hahahaha, out of curiosity and desperation...anyone out there looking for 2d concept designer....will work for food :). aight, take care now, of course as usual, c&c are tremendously welcomed.

Hash!
03-14-2002, 07:11 AM
A guy with a sword...it's like rock n' roll...it's a classic, but it's always good when you put your style in it!!!!....and your style is very kool!.....:cool:

mattam
03-14-2002, 09:29 AM
Pretty cool sketch :D Although I couldn't quite spot the sword initially :P (thought it was part of the arm), maybe rotate the handle outwards a bit, so that the sillouette of the sword handle shows up? :lightbulb

azreal_hymn
03-14-2002, 11:17 AM
Thx for the comment guys. well, if u notice i dont use shadows for this sketch. i am using lines to showcase the shape and shadows, but for this one, it is still a bit vague cos i have just finish up my last italic ink :D. i usually mix both marker and italic to give shape and depth.

azreal_hymn
03-18-2002, 12:42 AM
alright, here is a colored version of the swordman. did this in around 3 hours. a bit slow i know, but counting it is completely done in photoshop with a MOUSE, i am not complaining :).

Cockofthewok
03-18-2002, 03:01 AM
Looks Awesome! Ah yes, the old mouse coloring. (god, I need a tablet)

paranoy2k
03-18-2002, 05:59 PM
wow

zealotweb
03-18-2002, 09:46 PM
hey that great! :) I am new to graphic design and i can draw but just can't colour on my pc. I have psp7 and a mouse (don't have a tablet yet... :mad: ) so how'd u do that. Just magic wand and flood fill... then dodge/burn...?

azreal_hymn
03-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Thx guys(and ladies of course) for the comments. for this pic, i dont use dodge or burn at all...ahahahah to tell you the truth, i dont understand the concept of how that work. what i do is i will set around 5 layers. first layer for the basic and undertone color, then slowly build it up until layer five which is stricly reserved for definite shadows. i just set the layers to multiply so it will take on the tone from the previous layer, much like working with a marker. i dont use fill or magic wand much also, because i prefer the control on manual color fill, less flat, more tone. thats about it i guess. very simple, a bit tedious in certain ways, but it gets the job done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.