PDA

View Full Version : Artweaver 0.4 is online

Mu
07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi fellow forumites,

before I got Corel Painter, Artweaver was the most important natural media painting tool for me.

It is still only 0.4 and far from finished, but the brush engine the design of which is very close to Painter's approach, is already capable of mimicking a wide array of natural media tools.

I have also seen a few pros use this tool (zhuzhu for example...:) )

Now, 0.4 is online.

While Artweaver is still missing important features (most prominent being the missing memory management) it is a fascinating piece of freeware and its author, Boris Eyrich, is keen on feedback and is known to quickly incorporate thoughtful suggestions.

So check it out and help make it better til 1.0!

:)

This version contains the following Improvements/News:

New, more clearly arranged program window
New palette: Preview and Information
Preset Manager for improved preset managing
New paint method: Clone
Perspective Grid added
New Tools: Eraser, Stamp and Perspective Grid
New color filters: Levels and Curves
New file formats: PSD (no layer support), Photo CD and JPEG2000
New effect filters: Lighting Effects, Fisheye, Lens and Drop Shadow
Iterative Save added
Support for 8-bit selections added
Selections saving and loading added
Polygon selection tool added
Improved support for other languages through language files
Calibration for Pen Tablets added
Last effect filter can now be repeated
Support for Windows 98, Windows ME and Windows NT 4.0 removed
Many improvements and bug fixes
You can get more information about Artweaver here (http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?id=59,141,0,0,1,0) and you can download Artweaver here (http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?id=68,151,0,0,1,0).

L.Rawlins
07-18-2006, 10:29 PM
I'd love to give it a whirl, but I just can't risk it whilst, 'still in a test phase' and 'susceptible to crashing your system' sits in the license agreement.

Mu
07-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I am running it on a WinXP home and since early 0.3 versions it did not crash the system once.

It is a very well written piece of software and when a bug occurs you still get the chance to properly shutdown the app.

:)

Don't be afraid...:scream:

schuubars
07-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, true, Artweaver is a nice little piece of Software. :)

ulb
07-19-2006, 03:03 AM
wow, i just tried it 5 mins, and it's great. it's really a mix between painter and photoshop.

i'm wondering if it's meant to stay freeware or if it's meant to become a commercial software. anyone knows about that?

Mu
07-19-2006, 08:20 AM
According to the author there might be a shareware version in the future with a significant higher amount of features, but there will also always be a free version.

Probably comparable to Artrage's marketing model....

At the moment everything is to be had for the asking (read: right clicking...:scream: ), so hurry...:D

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2006, 08:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.