PDA

View Full Version : need help with pyroclusters, and clothilde

steve-o
07-18-2006, 06:56 PM
2 things i was working on and though maybe someone here could help out..its just a learning thing i am doing, not a job.

i was trying to make an atomic mushroom cloud using the basic particle system (not tp) and pyroclusters ,but i cant seem to get a good setting with either one...need a good rolling cloud. and i was trying to use clothilde in a scene where a guy punches a wall (with a cloth tag) and dents it....like a metal wall, or whatever.

any help would be great, but everyone is busy, and i understand if no one can.

[UP]
07-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi

there was a thread about creating a mushroom cloud not to long ago, try a search, I'm trying myself but the search function seems not to work for me atm. EDIT :got th link, scroll down a bit for a file to play with. http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=376039&highlight=mushroom

I believe it DID use TP as well, but at least the pyrocluster part could be useful, although I remember that the settings in the volume tracer where something standard so the rendertimes where HIGH, you want to play with those setting to decrease rendertimes drasticly..

Sorry, can't help you with the clothilde part...

[UP]

LucentDreams
07-18-2006, 09:30 PM
for the wall, cloth may not be the best wayt go its not going to hold its new shape. what I might do though is have the hand hit the wall and hold its position, so the wall forms around the hand with the right indentation, and then freeze this state and use it as a morph pose, so you have plane wall and dented wall and morph it as he hits.

Honeslty though I'd sooner do soemthing like with with the displace deformer in mograph.

steve-o
07-19-2006, 01:47 PM
that mushroom coud is a good idea, and it looks ok...its a start anyways...although i have no idea how to really get the best out of tp...never really worked with it. i was using the basic particles and particle deformers

as far as the clothilde idea goes...i didnt even think of doing that....i was playing around with it, set the plane to set a fist mark....added a plane over it and when the fist makes contact i set the vis of the 2nd plane to off.......worked great.

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2006, 01:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.