PDA

View Full Version : Codec Custom Settings

Ringas
01-19-2003, 10:37 AM
I am trying to render an animation using the Divx codec. I have put a Saver node at the end of my flow and I choose the Divx codec in the Format tab. The problem is that I can't access the custom settings of this codec (which are quite a lot). The same goes for all other codecs. The workaround is to render to seperate files and use After Effects to turn the sequence into an AVI file (AE gives access to the codec's settings). Any other solution, or DF was made to output file sequences only?

Thank you in advance, Tassos Ringas.

lightwolf
01-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi Ringas,

Originally posted by Ringas
I am trying to render an animation using the Divx codec. I have put a Saver node at the end of my flow and I choose the Divx codec in the Format tab. The problem is that I can't access the custom settings of this codec (which are quite a lot). The same goes for all other codecs. The workaround is to render to seperate files and use After Effects to turn the sequence into an AVI file (AE gives access to the codec's settings). Any other solution, or DF was made to output file sequences only?

Thank you in advance, Tassos Ringas.

Well, you can edit more properties in the AVI Section of the Preferences panel.
However, DF isn't really that well suited for Animation encoding, I'd recommend you to render to single frames and then encode externally (with VDub for example, the latest version reads .TGA files as well).

Cheers,

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.