PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Middle Earth - The One Ring - Baskin

baskin
01-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Hello all-

This is my first time posting to this forum. Here's my idea (see lame concept image below):

A very obese hobbit is out for a stroll, when he stumbles onto the one ring. He is immediately drawn to it, and after looking over his shoulders to make sure nobody else has noticed his discovery, he crouches down, twiddling his fingers, and grabs the prize. As he tries to place it on his hand, however, he realizes that his fingers are far too fat to accomodate the ring. He frantically tries the ring on several different fingers, but to no avail. Finally, looking to the heavens in disgust, he concludes that his only appendage which is small enough to fit into the ring is his tiny member. He turns his back to the camera, unzips his trousers, slips the ring on, and vanishes.

I'd love to hear any feedback people may have.

vertex
01-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Someone has seen the mtv 'jack black' skit.

Funny is okay but if you use the 'member thing' everyine will just think about the mtv sketch, why not have him struggle to get it on his fingers and in the end he just throws it back over his sholder and walks out. You still get a laugh, and its a bit more original .

Vertex :)

baskin
01-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Ironically, I haven't seen the MTV sketch, but I'm not too shocked to hear that someone else has explored this. Thanks for the reply, though.

Here's another though based on the fat finger idea:

A hobbit is strolling through the woods and discovers the ring on a fat (dead) hand which is sticking out of the ground. He tries to remove the ring from the dead hand but realizes it is stuck in place. He struggles and strains to get the ring off, without success. He eventually experiences a lower back injury and hobbles off screen for first aid.

Br1
01-23-2003, 06:47 PM
I think the idea of a fat hobbit struggling with the one ring is great, go for it ! I haven't seen the MTV sketch either, but baskin's suggestion could be a good solution to the problem !

Go for some sketches and storyboards, go for a scene ! GO GO ! Animate !

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.