PDA

View Full Version : Error in Maya Plugin Source Code. Can someone help?

mercuito
07-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Hi i'm trying to recomplie 2 plugins for Maya 7.0. I was given the source code, but i dont know anything about c++, and just been playing around trying to do it, but i keep getting these kind of errors on both when i comple it:

.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(629) : error C2084: function 'MStatus initializePlugin(MObject)' already has a body
.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(19) : see previous definition of 'initializePlugin'
.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(646) : error C2084: function 'MStatus uninitializePlugin(MObject)' already has a body
.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(19) : see previous definition of 'uninitializePlugin'

Anyone about to help me? ill post the source code too.

mobeen
07-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi i'm trying to recomplie 2 plugins for Maya 7.0. I was given the source code, but i dont know anything about c++, and just been playing around trying to do it, but i keep getting these kind of errors on both when i comple it:

.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(629) : error C2084: function 'MStatus initializePlugin(MObject)' already has a body
.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(19) : see previous definition of 'initializePlugin'
.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(646) : error C2084: function 'MStatus uninitializePlugin(MObject)' already has a body
.\flexmuscleCmd.cpp(19) : see previous definition of 'uninitializePlugin'

Anyone about to help me? ill post the source code too.
Are you redefining the initializePlugin & uninitializePlugin functions? hard to tell without seeing the source code though...

Robert Bateman
08-01-2006, 02:47 PM
looks like you might have

#include <maya/MSimple.h>

and i guess you might have DECLARE_MSIMPLE or whatever the macro is defined... in which case remove it - it also defines initialisePlugin.... You can't use MSimple with full blown plugins...

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2006, 02:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.