PDA

View Full Version : Export/Import Scale problem

Gelero
07-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi there.

I dont have xStream plugin yet, so I am porting my models via 3ds file. I am a max user as you might guess.

But I have scaling problems, which is very frustrating...
For example: Inside Max, using generic units, I created a cube 1x1x1 and exported to cube1.3ds.
Then, I created a cube 2x2x2 (which is twice bigger than first one. duh!) and then exported to cube2.3ds.

After all this tremendous task, I tried to imported both files to Vue5 infinite, and for my surprise (or maybe newbiness) they were displayed with the same size!

How can I setup the both applications to respect my scaling ?

Thank you!!!

JuanManuel
07-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Vue by default scales everything it imports to a multiple of 10, using the biggest value of the x y or z plane as a reference. (1, 10, 100, etc)

So there are two ways to solve the problem.

Solution1: Go to File->options, and look on the first tab for an option on the right that says something about scaling. Deselect it.

But if you already imported the object, you must use solution2.

Solution2: Select your imported object, and to the right of the screen, on the top, there are 3 tabs. Grab the one that looks like a square ruler. Then click on the tall rectangular prism icon. You are seeing the acutal size of your thingy, which can be modified at will. To scale evenly, click on the middle icon next to the three coordinate boxes, this will lock the values.

I hope this helps!

k00k
07-18-2006, 12:55 AM
File / Options

Under the General Preferences tab, make sure that the "Resize and center imported objects" option is not ticked.

Gelero
07-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Thank you guys!
Bull's eye for both!
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2006, 02:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.