PDA

View Full Version : Another New Animation for Critique

Wilson-3d
07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I am working on a few animations at once and would really like to get some input on this one too. Again I am trying to slow down and show some thoughts and emotions. It was recommended that I add a gag at the end of this but I like it for what it is. (which I hope is obvious) I am interested in if you think it needs anything at the end - gag, etc. And also, of coarse, on any comments about the animation.

*Please see final version below (running out of web space)

Thanks again. I appreciate any feedback.
-Chris

Zookoo
07-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Hmm... The man looked at the baby's face that whole time, and wouldnt have reacted so suddenly/immediately after the baby moved his hand. Delay the man's reaction or make the baby move more noticable. But perhaps you intended there be sound from the baby and he reacted from that.

The timing of the kiss is very nice, and sweet and is the strongpoint of the animation :)
I've noticed after the kiss, his face had a subtle frown as though he was having deep thoughts reflecting about serious stuff. I think it wouldve been nice/stronger if you held that moment longer and progressed further from there before he went back to his all-smile-and-stare face.

But overall, the animation is nice and youre progressing well :)

zehnerbomb
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
I agree, maybe a little more delay after the baby coo's.
I really like the tension in the legs to hold the rock back as he kisses the baby, nice touch.
Good job.:applause:

Wilson-3d
07-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Hello.
Zookoo and zehnerbomb:
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

It has changed alot in this version as I tried to give it a story. The green block over his right shoulder is going to be a photo of a female rig. I think during the long pause at the end I am going to give him a smile again. I just thought of it this morning while looking at it fresh after a long night of animating.

I would love to get some crits and comments on this and wonder if you think it is too long for a demo reel piece. That has been my original plan.

*Please see update below (running out of web space)Edit:
Sorry I forgot the frame counter on this one. I will add it soon and appreciate any info you can give me with out it.

fightingthumb
07-26-2006, 09:45 PM
I like the update alot better! there was one thing that continues to bother me however. The babies toes are turned up the entire time except for a couple twitches... it might be better if they were drooped down and kicked up everyone once in a while

freakmoomin
07-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I REALLY like this a lot. really nice.

The only thing the bothers me is the kiss.....i would put a more stationary kiss in, just now his head kind of drifts down while his lips are behind the babys head, i cant tell if he waits untill the very end and then kisses the baby or if his lips are on the babys face the whole time and sliding down slobbering all over it ;-)

nice seq tho.

ps when i saw the title when i was downloading i was expecting a baby 'james bond' LOL "BABY_BOND" :)

Wilson-3d
09-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi.
It has been a while but I have managed to do another pass on this one.
I tried to address the commets made and do some more.

I managed to get a great crit of my reel at SIGGRAPH and it was suggested I put more rhythm into my work. I will be interested in if you think this piece has enough. It is a slow piece by nature so I don't really think anything calls for a fast move. Let me know and of coarse any other comments or things you notice need fixed or tweaked or just completely changed.

*Just a note:
In the render the photo in the background blends in and does not draw near this much attention to itself. You can also see more details so it does not look as goofy. ;)

2.5 meg QuickTime
UPDATE 2 (http://www.chrismyers3d.com/wip/baby_bond_9.1.06.mov)

Thanks a lot!
Chris

zehnerbomb
09-02-2006, 01:25 AM
I know the feeling, I have been able to get to mine fairly frequently, but only for short intervals.

A little thing I did notice at around F85 is that his head tilts down, then to the side. When it tilts to the side, it kinda just stops, maybe a little more ease?

Really like the expression as he looks at the picture on the wall and ooks away, nice thinking pose in there. Right now my while thing is trying to hold poses a little longer in my own work, and I think that you could even hold that after the frown even longer as his mind "replays" what she did (left them or whatever) - I am assuming it was something bad because of the frown. I think that that would give the viewer an even better idea into the contrasting emotion between the baby and the woman. "A blessing in desguise."

I am kinda rambling, sorry.

Looks really nice though. A great piece to show some subtle movement and emotion.
keep on keepin on.:thumbsup:

freakmoomin
09-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Nothing to add really, i just really like this. Refreshing to see some nice subtle animation rather than the usual action seq's or 10 second club syndrome seq's.......

cool anim

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2006, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.