PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle Earth - Character - Pancreas

Pancreas
01-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Now iīve finished the disney forum fun i can enter the challenge. (the stress is killing me :D )

My race are nameless, although they call themselves "Checkers". Theyīre the most ancient living beings of Middle Earth. Before elves and ents, they were roaming all over the world, checking everything happens. Cuz thats they work, to verify history flows, each fact occurs at the exact time in the exact place.
And theyīre counting backwards...
They always travel in pairs, a "solicitor" and a novice. They arent seen cuz nobody puts attention on them. They wander and watch, donīt talk, so donīt need mouths.

edited for my bandwith (http://www.soportalia.com/pancreas/checker1.jpg)

Bruzundanga
01-18-2003, 05:44 PM
cruel...

nice concept

waiting to see ya work

Pancreas
01-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys! A little update.

http://www.soportalia.com/pancreas/checker2.jpg

Iīll start thinking about scenes of Middle Earth history with this silent witness.

Bruzundanga
01-19-2003, 12:41 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

reeeeeeeaaaly impressive

can't wait to see more

his eyes are beatiful

nice

:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
01-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Wow...:thumbsup:

Wait till I get my cinema 4d, then I will also start in both challenges!!!!

Cheerz dude:beer:

Tom

wildsheepchase
01-19-2003, 07:47 PM
It's looking great, so far. You've got a really nice rendering style. Is this going to be the palette you stick with?
:thumbsup:

Slacker
02-03-2003, 04:17 AM
extrodinary Pancreas. :thumbsup: Can we see an update anytime soon? Looking forward to it.

Carlocki
02-06-2003, 02:19 PM
very expressive eyes

dmcgrath
02-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Very nice work so far, Panc.

Inspired somewhat by the Discworld series? Terry Pratchett is one of the best writers. I like your concept, and your rendering.

:beer:

Pancreas
02-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Hey Dmcgrath, now YOU are the man, you are a Kevin too?
Yeah, i think the Auditors idea lurked in my mind, but these guys are not evil, and do not interfer with the history and humans.

Iīm gonna work on this asap, classes steal too much time. And deadlines never wait...

Frinsklen
02-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Very nice, I love the detail.

That hand seems confusing, I can't really see what it's going on there, I mean, is it holding a large stick or something? Looks like it's his right hand but it's placed on the left, so he has a weird way to hold his cane! I can't figure out how his pose is, that's all.

Looking really great anyway, updates please!

Saludos

wildsheepchase
02-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Come on...we need to see an update!:beer:

Frinsklen
02-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Vaaaaaaamos Pancreas!

at least some color scheme! but don't do this to us!
where are you????

:annoyed:

Tommy Lee
03-01-2003, 06:50 PM
Pancydude...hope ya finished it!!!!
Anyway good luck with this onecolor pic. Anyway fantastic:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tom

Pancreas
03-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Argh, Iīm a loser, I even havenīt finished the sketch, another challenge unfinished.

My dog has eaten the .psd files Damn, this excuse-O-matic does not work! 35 euros to the trash!

Thank you all for your replies, i havenīt earned them. There are so many awesome entries, from people who has worked along the two months, showing their progress, asking and givin critiques, my entry is an insult to them. Arhg, and it had so many possibilities, im feeling really bad now, this will only heal with another challenge.

Gamoron
03-02-2003, 09:15 PM
You haven't insulted anybody dude. You got busy, no prob. It was an awesome beginning. Next time!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.