PDA

View Full Version : UGAC - Master Chamber - eagle4

eagle4
07-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi guys, this is my first time entered into one of these challenges. anyway the idea i have is to base my room/chamber on the ice station in the book 'Ice Station' by Matthew Reiley. (if you havent read the book go and get it. top read) anyway the idea is its a deep cylindrical shaft dug into the ice with water at the bottom and stairs along the walls and walkways going across it. at the bottom there will probably be some equiptment sheds or something. i am still figuring out what exact stuff i will have. but thats my idea. a deep hole dug in the ice for research in Antarctica

i hope i can pull this off

eagle4

eagle4
07-16-2006, 02:11 AM
you know what... i'll play follow the leader and reserve the 1st reply post... i dunno y it needs to be done though..

oh well

i will get working on my level very soon. keep your eyes peeled for wips

eagle4

eagle4
07-16-2006, 09:57 AM
ok this is definately still a WIP i have a long way to go. this is the basic idea of what i have.

http://www.eagle4.net/stuff/icestation01.jpg
any crits, ideas or thoughts are welcome

eagle4

GradiusCancer
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
In the areas of the walkway where it is flat, cut some alcoves in to the ice walls to give the player more room to maneuver around. Considering this as a game environment, this would allow additional areas for combat or exploration that break up the monotony of the cylinder without major hits to your budget. These areas could be similar in size to the storage area at the bottom. Overall, it could add a little more game play and interest to the zone.

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.