PDA

View Full Version : Instance assemblies? Rendered bones O_o?

supremepizza
07-15-2006, 02:15 AM
I've really been bumping heads with PFlow lately. I modeled a missile with the cool fins that flip out when they leave the launcher tube. Instanced it with in PFlow (the bones are wired to a slider on my HUD) and the bones render. OK so first question... Can I force bones to not render when used within PFlow? They're hidden and since I'm an organizational freak they're in their own layer with both layer properties and each bone property checked to hidden and checked to not render.

Now on to instancing the assembly. The stupid bones render but I can't get the light to render. I don't even know if the light is getting instanced. It doesn't look like it though. My heirarchy is correct (I think). I really want these missiles to find target as particles. But I'm left with the choice (as of now) between the find target functionality and the Afterburn effects.

I could get more detailed but I tend to shy away from overly worded posts myself. If you need more info to help just ask.

supremepizza
07-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok feel free to respond even if you don't know of a solution. I've avoided the bone rendering problem by wiring my sub-object geometry directly, without bones.

I'm more curious to see if anyone else has run into the same problem/s. And/if/how they found a suitable workaround.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2006, 09:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.