PDA

View Full Version : Iffy Resets and Restarts

singularity2006
01-18-2003, 07:51 AM
For some odd reason, this cheap@ss emachine we're running @ work for basic file organization and referencing has had a bad habit of resetting and turning off by itself ... as if the power just shorted. It's plugged into a UPS so I don't think it could just "go off." I thought it was a heating issue, but this 633MHz celeron seems to be running just fine. I installed a giant PCI fan, a drive bay fan, and replaced the sh0dddy heat sink w/ a giant heat sink meant for an Athlon XP... but I still get the same issue. I've disabled and enabled ACPI but same result... oh yeah, the trashy piece of junk is running Windows ME. :surprised

GregHess
01-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Can't help you till your wipe the drive and put a decent OS on it. Windows ME is far less stable then windows 98 SE is. (Some even debate its less stable then 95) Either move to win2k, or Windows XP, and then I'll be happy to give assistance.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.