PDA

View Full Version : first post, various paints

charlie brown
01-18-2003, 07:50 AM
greetings guys this is my first post, various stuff all done in ps 5.5 and ps 6 last year
comments appreciated

http://www.imgmag.com/images/jessywallace/JYDTYU.jpg

http://www.imgmag.com/images/jessywallace/redscp.jpg

http://www.imgmag.com/images/jessywallace/greenlight1.jpg

PsychedelicMind
01-18-2003, 07:58 AM

read the important notices before posting, man. you can't post that many works in one thread.

No doubt, that's some pretty cool stuff u got there :) but u gotta see the notices! :D

Kirt
01-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Nothing wrong with posting multiple images as long as you host your images on your own webspace. The one image per thread rule is there to keep people from abusing the attachment option on the forums. CGTalk should not be used as your personal image server. :D

However, I wouldn't go overboard either ... 2 or 3 images is plenty for one thread. If you want to show your portfolio add a link to your webpage.

Now that I've made that clear (I hope) ... really nice images charlie brown! They have a nice unique quality that reminds me somewhat of glass painting. I like the colors on the 1st and 3rd images. Number 2 looks unfinished though.

Welcome to CGTalk :wavey:

Creepstown
01-18-2003, 08:16 AM
You're stuff's coo, but my fav is the black and white swordsman. I saw that one on Eatpoo too.

But yeah, apparently you can't post too many of your works in one thread.

-start of rant-
But its funny, i've seen some threads by people who are pretty big players around here (i won't mention names), and they have like half a dozen pics in their thread, all of them attachments too. And the moderators just compliment them like everyone else, and don't seem to realize they've gone far beyond the attachment restriction of 1 only. Something they never miss with newbies. I'm beginning to think that once you get a sizeable amount of respect around here, you dont have to follow the rules anymore. Of course, thats just my observation, i could be wrong.

-end of rant-
(sorry if this causes your thread to turn into a flamewar, but its something i've seen going on since i got here.)

Kirt
01-18-2003, 08:22 AM
:rolleyes: Everyone wants to be moderator around here.

The crackdown on multiple attachments is relatively new. Not too long ago we didn't have 200K+ members either did we? What was acceptable in older threads, isn't any longer. Understand?

Nice of you to rant in a new member's first post. PM me if anyone would like to discuss this further. Sorry, charlie brown.

charlie brown
01-18-2003, 08:26 AM
ive made an edit, ive stuck the others on sperate post (x3 again)
flame war all u want guys taint my work in controversy by all means
i guess ill wait to post further more, as by the sounds of it they will probably be ejected from this forum coz of parking space.
beats the shit outta me 2.
thanx for the good response guys

Creepstown
01-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Sorry i had to do it man. But ive seen it happen before. I think your work is good, you shouldn't stop posting cause of us. As the new guy, you wanna give us a large sample of your capabilities. But you can always do that, like you did, in two threads or just post your 2 newest pieces. Gotta space it out around here.

Please dont' stop posting cause of me/us.

charlie brown
01-18-2003, 09:00 AM
its cool man, my bad

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.