PDA

View Full Version : Dropoff Rate in Maya

Stahlberg
01-18-2003, 05:50 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could simply specify the Dropoff Rates to be different on different joints? That could take over a lot of the tedious work of painting weights, and maybe even save the whole procedure as a Mel script...

Theoretically we can, but in practise no. Changing it in the Attribute Editor after skinning has a really ugly effect, and trying to skin several joints at different times with different settings to the same geometry only gets an error message that the geometry is already connected to a SkinCluster. (Duh!) Anybody know of a way?

jschleifer
01-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Try adding the joint as an influence object.. that might work for ya.

-jason

Stahlberg
01-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Amazing, it works! I would have never thought of that one. Thought that was only for geometry. Thanks! :beer:

QuantumPixel
01-30-2003, 06:58 AM
I didn't know you could use joints, as influence object Hmmm were could I use that? Maybe tweaking deformations. hmm sounds complicated I have had a little bit of problems with influence objects. But I am sure this tip will come in handy.

www.boygonemad.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.