PDA

View Full Version : Strange Desktop Artifact....What is it?

cornbreadandham
01-18-2003, 06:15 AM
On my desktop i have a little grey square which doesnt do anything when clicked on. It looks to be about the size of an icon, but I can't get it to do anything. I would like to remove it, but don't know how, any help here or links to somewhere else will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks a bunch!

singularity2006
01-18-2003, 07:46 AM
are u running dual monitors??

Valkyrien
01-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by singularity2006
are u running dual monitors??

my guess would be yes ;)

and I have no idea what's wrong. I get weird artifacts sometimes, ones that look like a slice of the title bar of a window, that can be dragged around, but they don't appear as windows in the taskbar, so i find someplace to stash them where they won't get in the way and forget about them. By the time i restart the computer, they're gone:)

cornbreadandham
01-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Yes, I am running dual monitors. The thing is more of an annoyance than anything, from what I can tell, it's not affecting anything else.

GregHess
01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Is active desktop enabled? Sometimes that stuff shows up if your running with things like themes, or active desktop.

If your running XP, set themes to classic, all performance and effects off (you can keep truetype fonts on), and disable active desktop.

See if that solves the issue.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.