PDA

View Full Version : 4 spots open

Raze - BAS
01-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Company: Broken Attitude Studios
Positions available: Texture artist (1), Animator (2), Object Modeler (1)
Job type: Contractual, work experience
Project type: 3D Video Game (Console)
Experience level required: Intermediate, Advanced
Relocation necessary: None

JonM
01-18-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey, I am from New York too :)

I emailed you, I figured it was worth a shot

:wavey:

unLevel
01-19-2003, 05:07 AM
I don't think this is the right forum to be posting this in.

There's a Studios Hiring forum if you scroll down far enough.

WU2
01-20-2003, 03:20 AM
I will send some kind of formal application when I get home from work. What kind of editor is used for the maps at this point? I have a lot of experience with the quake 3 engine (the Quake 3 TC - Urban Terror). I am still developing skills with lightwave, but low poly modelling is relatively simple. I can seamlessly make textures, design maps, model map objects, and skin my own models (I can't animate). I'm not sure of the details of this position but I'm definitely interested.

BlueCougar
01-20-2003, 05:42 AM
I'll send an email with my questions regarding this. Thanks.

rube
01-20-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm just wondering if by "Job type: Contractual, work experience" you mean non-paying. I'm interested in applying but can't work for free right now.

rube

Rabid pitbull
01-23-2003, 07:51 PM
scam alert...

if this is a legit company hiring people without salary thatis just one more recent attempt to take advantage of this forum. this forum needs a mod to remove bogus threads.....

RazeBAS
01-24-2003, 03:56 PM
pitbull - I assure you this is no scam at all. Everything is well-documented and contracted.

Back to my main reason for posting...

We have filled our spots for the 4 positions, thank you all who have applied. We are however willing to add one more member well-versed in rigging models in preparation for animation.

Rabid pitbull
01-25-2003, 05:01 PM
ok if you are a production studio with salaries(profits) and you want free laborers then i would say it is a SCAM.

let me know if i missed something, since i can be wrong, but it seeams very fishy.....

Raze - BAS
01-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Pitbull,

Where in the post did it say free labor?
Our only "free" labor is our internship program, and that's only open to young people looking for a future in the industry (16-17) and even then we provide a partial scholarship for their future college tuition.

Your claims are poorly achieved. It is very easy to say negative things without proof or reason. Yet, it is also very unprofessional. It is beyond my realm of understanding as to why you are displaying such hate here. It is completely uncalled for.

Merlin
01-25-2003, 08:49 PM
Raze- BAS- I think the problem is that you posted your job openings in the collaborative projects forum instead of the Studio's Hiring forum.

There's been problems (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) with supposed "legit" companies posting here trying to get artists to work for them for free (i.e. "we'll pay you when the game is done and we get a publisher and we begin to get royalties.") Whereas the goal of this board (once again, correct me if I'm wrong) is to help artists band together and work on a project for themselves.

So basically, when you posted here and NOT the Studio's Hiring Forum, it looks as if you're looking for free labor. If you're legit, and it sounds like you are, good luck,

If you really are a scam, ... well, I'll hold my tongue for now.

Sincerely,

Neal Holman

Raze - BAS
01-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Merlin,

I realized that I had posted in the wrong area after it was too late. I was scouting around the site when the ad was posted, and not until a few posts later from other CGtalk members did I realize I hadnt posted in the Studios Hiring forum.

So, my apologies for any inconvenience on that matter. Yet, if people wanted to find out about the situation, all they had to do was email and ask, as 25 and counting already have, instead of crying out "scam alert" under the veil of ignorance.

Rabid pitbull
01-26-2003, 02:58 PM
well i was not the first to ask about pay... you said nothing to address this. sorry to have jumped the gun, but this is a common tactic by lowlifes. we all have seen similar threads, and when the salary questions are ignored usually it is because there isn't one. and yes putting this in here made it more suspicious.

my apologies and good luck to you!:thumbsup:

Raze - BAS
01-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Pitbull

Not a problem. Regarding a lack of replies, Id been busy the past 2 weeks setting things up in our programming department that I had no time to really sit and write back to the enquirers. I figured that most people would have just emailed me to get a quicker response. You could tell how rushed I was even in the original post.. it was very robotic in format, because as you could imagine, running a development team takes up a lot of work. Sorry for any miscommunication and thanks for the wished luck. :)

Take care.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.