PDA

View Full Version : Roberto' Bullhorn: Educational threads...

RobertoOrtiz
07-13-2006, 07:40 AM
I been thinking of doing a series of educational threads now and them.
Some topics I have in mind are:

Eadweard Muybridge, Anatomy in Motion. Draw 10 pose sequence

The Drapery: Draw a drapery 6 times under different lighting conditions.
What do you guys think?
Any more topics?
-R

Octothreat
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
that sounds like a really good idea. It would definatley force me to draw drapery...

BenDstraw
07-13-2006, 08:17 AM
a building or object. then the same object 4 or 5 times in different perspectives. something like that?

RobertoOrtiz
07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
a building or object. then the same object 4 or 5 times in different perspectives. something like that?

Yep, that sounds like a good idea...

-R

Wiggin
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
This sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm going to be applying to schools soon, so I need to work on all the afore mentioned ideas for my portfolio. I'll think of some ideas to work on later.

Ashton
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a good plan.
I have been trying to follow the " Nicolades -how to draw naturally" book for a while now, but I keep running out of motivation.

CodeNothing
07-17-2006, 07:45 PM
excelent idea. other suggestions i have for these types of topics:

Color and light theory: paint an environment from life at 2 different times of day. Probably best to paint an interior room your in, most likely your computers room (unless you have a laptop) or use digital photos as reference. But the exact same scene with 2 different lighting situations.
Still life narative: paint a still life that says something about yourself. Try and tell a story using only inanimate objects placed together in a symbolic way. take into concideration the composition of the objects to one another, and the lighting you use to create mood. Puting one object in shadow suggests something hidden, cutting one object halfway off the page suggests something unfinished, something in the spotlight is important, something off on its own is an unbalanced force, etc....
Hard edge face study: do several head studies using only hard edge planes. Do not model out smooth edges, do not render hair, eyes, skin, etc... Use only flat hard edges. Look at untextured low poly head models as an example of what to be shooting for. Use of famous faces everyone will recognise a pluss.
Contour drawing: Figure or head studies using only contour line and hatch work. Put your pen tool on 100% and act like you are using ink on paper. try not to erase. The accuracy of the drawing is not as important as the emotion and mood of the line. try and capture some life in the image rather than just a likeness.

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2006, 07:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.