PDA

View Full Version : decoy animation

EZartajuz
07-13-2006, 02:18 AM
A piece I'm working on for my demo reel. Critiques welcomed.

http://www.infinitexero.com/animation/decoy.mov

mistasam02
07-13-2006, 06:20 PM
wow dude that was really crazy! very different and yet you show a lot of different skills in one short clip! it all looked well done, but one part kinda stood out to me awkward.. after the spider woman jumps back in surprise, it looks like she's bobbing the same way he was, instead of looking side to side at him like i think you wanted her to. her body just looked a little wierd there. other than that i thought it was very creative and well animated! awesome work!!
:buttrock:

EZartajuz
07-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the critique! I hadn't really noticed that until I saw it played back and forth and could seen how stiff her back and arms were.

Wilson-3d
07-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Nice work. I really like it.
When he is sneaking up behind her and crouches down a little and then for the rest of the anticipation his hips are moving backwards. I think you could have his hips moving down the entire time and bring them down just a little more.

Also I think when she flips him off you may want to put more overlap into her head on the way back up. And perhaps some more overlap in her spine on the way down and back up.

I really enjoyed it and he movement is really looking good.

mahir
07-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Nice attempt. I like the movement of the spider woman - multi-legged characters can be so hard to animate. Not much to add in terms of crits, except maybe some timing issues. When the spiderwoman prods the decoy you could have her surprised reaction and jump be a little earlier. It looked like a delayed reaction to me. Also maybe she should move a bit more as she looks at the decoy - have her peer/move forward/backward etc. - some movements to keep her alive. You could push the reactions a bit more perhaps, even after she tosses the guy off.

Just my 2 cts.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2006, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.