PDA

View Full Version : Animation Test

zehnerbomb
07-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Hi, this is my first post in the WIP section.
I am looking to beef up my Character Animation Reel so I am doing a series of animations to sound clips.

http://www.zehnerbomb.com/movies/buried_R4.mov

I have never seen this film, i wanted to go at the sound from my own perspective.
Crits of all kinds are welcome.

The clip is from the Petrified Forest.

Thanks!

zehnerbomb
07-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Please Crit! All feedback is welcome.:D

Junerahe
07-13-2006, 11:54 PM
the pose he hits on "buried" feels wrong and it looks mightypainful to stand in that position..

zehnerbomb
07-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the help! I see that it is a little "over dramatic". Thanks for the feedback!:thumbsup:

rstratton
07-14-2006, 05:21 PM
It seems to hit really hard, I mean you can see all the poses. You start with your major poses but from there you want everything to start blending smoothly together, unless you really need to hit a pose for dramatic effect. Everything also hits at the same time you really need to go in and offset when the arms, etc are hitting. You never move anything on your body together, one hand/arm will always lead or lag behind the other.

I hope that helps

zehnerbomb
07-14-2006, 05:39 PM
hey thanks, i will definitly go back and adjust the timing to smooth the posing, I can see what you are saying. Same goes for the offsetting. Thanks!

Wilson-3d
07-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Check out the arcs on his hands too. His right hand goes from chest to popping up by his face and is not a consistent arc on the way down either. Hope that helps. Nice start.

zehnerbomb
07-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Awesome, thank you all. if you have anything else keep it comin'!! Thanks A Lot:thumbsup:
I've got another in the works while I am working on this one. I hope to have more up soon.

zehnerbomb
07-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, I have done some reworking and am looking for more feedback!

http://www.zehnerbomb.com/movies/buried_R4.mov

I re-timed the hands as well as reworked the arcs and wrist rotations.
I smoothed out my posing some but it could still maybe use a little more.

?Are my offsets enough? -i know they are still moving together quite a bit but wanted some feedback first.

?How do my arcs look?

?Is my posing natural enough? - I lightened up "buried" a bit.

All other crits are as always, welcome.:D
Thanks!

Wilson-3d
07-17-2006, 07:37 PM
That is a really nice improvement. I like the pop up a lot. You really can feel it. I think the arcs are better too. The right hand is really better. It still kind of looks more like a scalene triangle to me then an arc if you want to push it more but I can see the arc you have. I like the foot leading - the offsets are working nice. It may be interesting to have his back arc the other way at the start. Like you would usually think of someone’s back when they are leaning over. Then put it in the current position you have it when he says, "get". Maybe we'll decide - reverse arc - to get... Just a thought. Everyone loves reverse arcs. Also when his right hand pops up at the start - I would add some bend in the fingers. Right now they all move a little too much as a group. Really looking good - so I had to watch it a bunch and try to get pickier. :)

zehnerbomb
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Awesome!!!
I really appreciate your comments. I am sure I will keep tweaking this one and can't wait to get on my next sound clip!
Please Keep 'Em Coming:bounce:

Thanks Again Wilson!
Wilsoooon!!

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.