PDA

View Full Version : Timing

fnselmi
01-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know how to refrain a movie within a scene from plating untill a certain frame please

thnax

fig
01-17-2003, 04:41 PM
um, i'm not quite sure what you're asking. if a movie/movieclip/whatever is on a certain frame then it won't play until the main movie gets there.

chris

Fuzatron
01-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Not sur if I understand the question.... If you mean a "movie clip" symbol, you can do this:
- Put the mc on the timeline where you want it to first be visible.
- Go into the MCs "properties" panel and change the popup from movie clip to graphic.... then spcify "single frame" and "1".
- Create a keyframe in the timeline at the point you want it to play.
- On that keyframe change it back to a movie clip. Or let it play as a graphic.

You could also do it with code. But it sounds like the above might be what you are looking for.

Hope this helps :)
Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

fnselmi
01-17-2003, 04:49 PM
AHhhhhhh!

Yep thats what I needed thanks.

fig
01-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Fuzatron
- Put the mc on the timeline where you want it to first be visible.
- Go into the MCs "properties" panel and change the popup from movie clip to graphic.... then spcify "single frame" and "1".
- Create a keyframe in the timeline at the point you want it to play.
- On that keyframe change it back to a movie clip. Or let it play as a graphic

ok, now i'm confused :) why exactly would you need to do that? are you just trying to play a specific frame in a movieclip? if so you could just say

_root.movieclipinstancename.gotoAndPlay(frame#);

or am i missing something?

chris

Fuzatron
01-18-2003, 06:43 PM
The method I mentioned just changes the behavior of the movie clip on the keyframes. Actionscript could do the same thing. This is just a more direct way to do it for simple things... imho. The way you mentioned would work just as well though :)

fig
01-18-2003, 08:31 PM
gotcha, thanks. just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something :)

chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.