PDA

View Full Version : Sketchbook Thread of INTERVAIN - 2D/3D

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

jtico
12-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Magdalena. Needless to say how wonderful is your work :love: . I was looking at your work and the original piece, and here are a pair of comments :blush:

In the original piece, the column (just behind his left arm) seems to be supporting a huge stress in trying to sustain such a pose.

I would say that the contracted muscles of the right leg should make it more thick than the left one.

I wonder what are you looking for in this work. Are you looking for a more dramatic result?

Best regards.

P.D. Looking forward to see those shots :)

Intervain
12-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey Jtico good points there! :buttrock: - I appreciate the imput!

I agree about that right leg - still need to work on it..

to answer your question - no idea hehe... just going with the flow here which probably isn't the smartest thing but oh well...:argh:

Intervain
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
trying to get the hang of materials and rendering in zbrush... here's one of the matcaps I've come up with to get the look I want for the sculpture... not done yet... still putting the hands off... worked on them a bit but not much... playing around with a bronze cast from rough clay look on the legs too... just experimenting in general! Cheers

http://mdadela.com/gallery/MOTION_WIP/motion_wip_8.jpg

vaaken
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Great stuff as always there! You got the hang of bronze. Maybe you could play a little bit with the distribution of the corrotion? Have more in some spots and less elsewhere? Just to keep things even more interesting? :)

Keep rockin'

Intervain
12-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Hi vaaken - well it's almost impossible to make it look good with different colorations without the use of a texture... I want to do something different though - paint him using colorize option but painting with different shades of the bronze material hence all the experiments :)

here's a rough idea - just painted it quickly + also worked the hands a bit more...

http://mdadela.com/gallery/MOTION_WIP/motion_wip_9.jpg

samarcbz
12-09-2007, 06:15 AM
just wow:eek:
amazing work.

Intervain
12-10-2007, 12:24 AM
samarcbz - aw thanks very much! I'm glad you like it!

here's a wee bit more:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/MOTION_WIP/motion_wip_10.jpg
http://mdadela.com/gallery/MOTION_WIP/motion_wip_10_b.jpg

Piek
12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Mini-David Bowie from Labyrinth. And now this new bronze boy...there's a definite ball twiddling trend.

Intervain
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
HAHA that made me laugh Piek! Humans! Looking for patterns where there are none :rolleyes: :p LOL

BNN
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey hey! Impressive sculpture here!

The pose is dynamic looking yet very pleasing and comfortable to the eyes! Love it! =D

Intervain
12-25-2007, 05:20 PM
BNN - thank you :)

well I'm being lazy lately - decided not to work on anything major during the holiday break and just relax a bit!

here's a little doodle I've done using zbrush and photoshop :)

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-3/hr/doodle_concept.jpg

anandpg
12-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Merry Christmas, Magda!!!:scream:

:beer:

Intervain
12-25-2007, 06:07 PM
and right back at ya!!! :D :buttrock:

razz
12-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Heeeyy, Merry Christmas, Magdalena!! Hope you're having great time :bounce:
Btw, nice pic. Some heavy post-processing, hehe.

SpiritDreamer
12-25-2007, 09:27 PM
HEY ...MAGDALENA....MERRY CHISTMAS.:) ..I HOPE YOUR HOLIDAY IS NICE/GREAT, PEACEFUL, AND VERY RELAXING..:bounce: :scream: . YOU REALLY DESERVE IT :) :thumbsup:

AND ALSO...HEY,..THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR GREAT HELP IN THIS PAST YEAR :) , AND FOR PUTTING TOGETHER THOSE WORKSHOPS...REALLY GREAT OF YOU, ON BOTH COUNTS....:) ...THANK YOU ..:) :thumbsup:
HAVE A GREAT ONE ..MAGDALENA :thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Intervain
12-25-2007, 10:17 PM
razz thanks :) yeah It's supposed to be 2d hehe --- the model I used had only a very rough texture on it [basically a projected photo LOL] and then I went to town with some nice photoshop brushes and layers :) lots of fun! I have to say I really like the way one can use quick 3d models for 2d concepts - it took almost no time to make.

Glenn - thank you :D:bounce:

NR43
12-26-2007, 06:26 AM
It's been far too long since I was visiting you here Magdalena!
I'm simply floored by your work.

I hope you're having a great Christmas time!
I wish 2008 will be a SMASHING year for you
Magdalena

samarcbz
12-27-2007, 04:55 AM
cool work on this doodle.. goof colours in PS too..

CyborgJA
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I love her ! Especially for the palette! It's beautiful to see 2D from you !

Intervain
12-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Johan - thank you very much!!:love:

samarcbz - cheers!

Sabrina - thank you :) I think the colours are my fav part of it too :D

well something I cooked up today - I've spent much of this holiday break just sketching instead of modeling... started this little doodle today based on this small picture of a sculpture I had stacked up somewhere on my drive and eventually got a bit carried away with it and spend a few hours on it - turned out kinda flat and I got bored half way through the legs ;) but I enjoyed the process!... I wanted to use mostly a square brush and b&w on this :)

http://mdadela.com/gallery/sculpture_study.jpg

[b]HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! HAVE A CREATIVE 2008!

siosism
12-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Your work is amazing! You have such a good sense of form! Truly an inspiration!

Happy New Years to you too!

siosism
12-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Your work is amazing! You have such a good sense of form! Truly an inspiration!

Happy New Years to you too!

kary
01-05-2008, 03:20 AM
This is likely a stupid question, but at least thats in character: Why is using a square brush different / interesting / etc? The square brushes I've used that leap to mind are chalks and those really intense charcoals (whose name escapes me... much darker then vine... compressed?). I don't remember their squareness as the notable features :)

I like the sketch from the sculpture. It's impressionistic but tells what it is, how it's lit, and so on. I can almost see your interest fading, as the density of the brushstrokes goes down from top to bottom :).

Belated happy NY to you as well, and a creative '08.

Intervain
01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
siosism - thank you very much :)

kary - oh I just thought it would be fun to try a restriction of this sort, nothing attractive really... :) just an idea that came to my head LOL
thank you and a happy NY to you as well :D

well folks - can't resist the new OFDW so here's a start - from Kris Costa's Swimmer [I think it's my fav 3d model so the choice seemed obvious :)] - hope I won't disfigure him too badly :scream:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_1.jpg

Trunks
01-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey INtervain, nice start!
I am really looking forward on everybody's result. I always love to see mastercopies... even I hate doing them ;) So keep it up!
Thomas

Intervain
01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
thanks Trunks :)

a bit more for today:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_2.jpg

Intervain
01-13-2008, 04:10 AM
it's like with the previous OFDW - addicting... so here's another update:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_3.jpg

anandpg
01-13-2008, 05:25 AM
WOW, Magda!! this is gonna be awesome, I can say!!:eek:.. How about some close-ups?

Intervain
01-13-2008, 11:21 AM
thanks Anand - I'm really having fun with this. So you want to see how ugly it is up close? LOL

here's a closeup ... not much blending yet - I'm just using a hard brush at 25% opacity all the time at the mo, will concentrate on more detail over the whole of the workshop I think. Still haven't nailed the expression either. It's actually kinda funny how his face changes with one stroke, from angry to stupid looking ;):

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_4.jpg

razz
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Great start, Magda! Excellent choise also. I thought of doing this one at first but then I changed my mind. Loots of details in this one. I can only wish you patience, hehe. Though I think it'll be fun, painting all those little details. You could even color him when the grayscale is done. But it's too early to think about that :)
Good luck with it!

Intervain
01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
razz - damn you're right - the wrinkles are already getting to me and it's only the beginning :) It'll be hard but I'm enjoying it :scream:

a bit of work today:
http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_5.jpg

nielot
01-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi
amazing :thumbsup:
looking forward to see end result !!

jtico
01-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Amazing work Magdalena, it's coming great! :drool: :wip:

Intervain
01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
nielot and jtico - thank you very much guys :D Really appreciate the kind words!

last bit for the weekend:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_7.jpg

Frejasphere
01-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey Magdalena :)

Best wishes for the new year - hoping it's a fabulous one :thumbsup:

Great start on the OFDW! It's amazing how quick these things
go blast (in a good way)!
I am (because of work) still excited about selecting :D but
aim to get started in next few days...

Looking forward to see how this one progresses

Cheers and take care!
a. :)

Intervain
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Annette - thank you very much and a happy new year to you as well :)

HEheh thanks :D I need that cake ;)

here's more... I cleaned up all the edges, got rid of the black bg and filled all the areas in [finally]... There's a lot that's not right but oh well... moving on - time to start detailing now:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_8.jpg

Trunks
01-15-2008, 10:28 AM
So you are going to detail this one now? Allright ... uhm ... speechless ... for me thi one would be surely finished ;)

VERY good work so far ... I am looking forward what you are going to detail now :D

Keep it up ;)
Thomas

Intervain
01-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Trunks - thanks very much :) - glad you like it! trust me it looks better at this size - the original is 3 by 4k and still leaves a lot to be desired ;):scream:

AmrutRaju
01-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Magdalena............Wow! amazing work:)

CyborgJA
01-16-2008, 07:27 AM
:drool:

Mmm only a question : won't you paint the background too? :eek:

TheMiyamotoMusashi
01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Awesome.

Magdalena,do you use grid in the first step where you get the proportions of the character?

Do you think an artist should use grid only in the begining of a career while he learns or a grid should be used always?

When i use grid i find it boring and too technical i guess,so i stoped using grid and i will only rely on my judgement.It is also fun painting in the begining with blocks of light and shadow instead of lines.I won't have 100 % similarities in my first studies but what a hell.

Keep working on this guy !!! :thumbsup:

Intervain
01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
amruth9 - thank you :)

CyborgJA - glad you like :) Hmmm...yeah I've been wondering about that bg myself - I mean it's pretty plain but it probably will look better with a painted one nonetheless... you're right.

TheMiyamotoMusashi - I'm glad you like him... I will definitely work on the image more, as it is a Barque study I am supposed to make it as true the original as possible hence also the use of the grid to answer your question. I use a grid when I am supposed to make an exact image otherwise I don't because it really takes way too much time for my patience ;) and I do not have enough practice with it either. It has taken me about 2 hours to get the proportions all correct and the outline right + I am working with the grid while painting this guy as well just to keep within the right boundries :) It can be very helpful!

Womball
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Is this painter? It looks like your building up the whites rather than using a certain number of shades. I have been studying your techinique since I might use it for mine.

Intervain
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Womball - nope it's all Photoshop - I don't do Painter LOL [can't make myself like it]... hmmm... you could say that... basically I just use white on black with low opacity at first and as soon as I get a big variety of values in the first part of the painting I pick from the canvas...that's why I have these initial white circles in the corner of my picture - taking a brush and doing that with 25% opacity gives me quite a few values to begin with...

Intervain
01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
a bit more...

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_9.jpg

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_anim1.gif

boeserWolf
01-17-2008, 10:58 AM
... wow, very impressive works, thx for sharing Intervain :thumbsup:

Intervain
01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
thanks for visiting :)

TheMiyamotoMusashi
01-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow I can't wait to see this piece done to the finest detail.

I just noticed that you start with a black background and white lines for the outlines.After filling the lines you put a gradient as background or whatever in other case.

I am so gonna try this for my next character.So far for master studies i just took whatever value the background in the image was and go from there.For imaginational characters I alwats start with 50 % gray and go from there defining shadows and halftones and then highlights.

I guess you feel more comfortable like that than starting from a 50 % gray or whatever for example and then pumping shapes out?Do you always start like that?

Cheers

brainwave
01-17-2008, 07:20 PM
one simple question: did you have to sell your soul, intervain? ;)

Frejasphere
01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Great work on the swimmer - Magdalena :)

It's interesting as well, to learn a little about the way you work
from questions here :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

cheers and take care
:)
a.

Intervain
01-26-2008, 05:58 PM
thanks so much for the kind words guys!

brainwave - LOL honestly in such a case I would have expected more talent in the 2d area...it wasn't a good bargain if I did LOL

well I lost the high-res version of my b&w painting so I decided to blow up the low res I was stuck with and just play around with colours instead... still not done but I hope you'll like so far :) ... also I ordered the anatomy dvds [Human Project] today so I'm hoping to finally learn some darn basics of drawing hehe... can't wait for them to arrive!

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_11.jpg

Intervain
01-26-2008, 09:02 PM
well a few more hours and I call it done [though it's far from perfect :shrug:]

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_13.jpg

kary
01-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Impressive result. I like the colour palette and some of the tonal choices were very cool (the hands have a surprising solidity and interest level for a relaxed pose). I tended to focus the knees up, partly due to a 1280 high browser, but also for the reasons you and Rod pointed out in the OFDW thread. Not sure that I would have noticed that independently, but I would probably have stayed on the top 3/4 very naturally.

You captured that original piece, and got something of a natural painterly feel to one of the digitalist pieces possible (a PS painting of a 3D model ^^).

Glad to hear you'll be getting those DVDs to finally get the basics of drawing... O.o (boggle) :D etc

TheMiyamotoMusashi
01-27-2008, 04:55 AM
you are a killer but you already knew that !!!

Anyways,please give me links to the dvds you ordered,I will order some stuff soon so i might include those too.

cheers

Intervain
01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
kary - hehe. oh trust me when I say I need them basics! Glad you like the final result and I like what you've said about it being the most digital of digital pieces LOL - haven't thought of it like that but darn you're right hehe!

TheMiyamotoMusashi - thanks :) I've already gave you a link in your thread :D:thumbsup:

jtico
01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Wonderful piece, Magdalena. Congratulations, I love you... well I should say I love your work :D

nightwoodwolf
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
very nice work Magdalena :thumbsup: keep it up

Intervain
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
jtico - thank you very much :) Really appreciate it!

nightwoodwolf - thanks :D Glad you like!

Intervain
02-01-2008, 12:01 AM
well all the kind comments made me want to go on and actually do a better job than I have done so far... I blew up the whole thing a 100% in photoshop and started reworking the things I hate :) just a little over an hour today:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_14.jpg

Womball
02-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Its looks really good. Although it would be better in black and white, in my opinion. But it works as is.

DivineRAiN
02-01-2008, 02:40 AM
there was something to hate? You've done a great job on this so far, the detailing you put into this is amazing. I really like your color choices too.

killermachine
02-01-2008, 02:47 AM
this is soo cool..i wonder what you wud hav done if u had your original b/w paint :)

Kanga
02-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Very nice stuff.:)
My favorite is the chap balanced on the cube. Great harmony.
Thanx for visiting my thread and the comments.

Cheerio Chris

Intervain
02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Womball - fair enough, fair enough :) As I've said I'm not very good with colour so I treat this more as an exercise than anything - way to learn something from my mistakes :scream:

DivineRain - thank you! Very kind :)

killermachine - cheers :D Thanks for visiting!

Kanga - thank you :) [the chap comment made me laugh LOL]

TheMiyamotoMusashi
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
No Comment !!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

How old are you Magdalena and how long in 3d or 2d or whatever CG thingy wopi dy dopi dy do ? :buttrock:

Intervain
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
hehe - thanks :)

well 3d for a bit over 2 years, 2d a bit shorter... so not that long and I still have years to study... glad you like! [I'm old btw ;) - well more than 25 :p - but I have a degree in a completely different field, namely English literature :)]

plunq
02-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Great work on the swimmer Magdelena, I'm glad you've decided to go back and keep working on him. Only 2 years in 3d??? Man, now I feel old :)

brainwave
02-02-2008, 05:51 PM
2 years? i don't believe you...you must have been born with a graphicscard and a mouse in your hand and your first word was: "polygons" (i have no idea about 3d modeling so take a word that fits)

Intervain
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
plunq - thanks Joel :)

brainwave - LOL! well now when I think about it, I lied - it will be 3 years soon... [didn't realise how the time flies] in 3d I mean... so a bit longer but still a zero if you ask me in comparison to some who are way younger than myself... so I have to work hard!

brainwave
02-02-2008, 07:04 PM
3 years are not much, yes, but i think the results are quite important. i like your models and i am really impressed that you've decided to start working in GG (as you've told you have a degree in English literature....which is something indeed different)

may i ask you how you did it? i mean the change to CG or have you decided to work for ubisoft immediately after the graduation?

Intervain
02-03-2008, 11:23 PM
brainwave - hehe no I just chose to go to school and learn 3d as quickly as possible... my grad reel got me the job :)

well a tad more on the swimmer - still haven't touched the legs much... well it's a good way of doing something since I simply cannot make up my mind about what to model next :eek: I've been thinking and thinking these past 2 weeks and can't make a decision :rolleyes: [so like me ;)]

http://mdadela.com/gallery/BARQUE_WIP/bar_WIP_15.jpg

brainwave
02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
ok, i could have thought of that *doh* was it vancouver film school? i saw an advertisement of it here and maybe it was a sign from above ;)

kary
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Geeze 3 years, what a testament to how hard you work. Hats off to you. Not that I wear hats, but if I did I'd take it off.

The second bump down on the chest doesn't make immediate sense to me. That would not be the middle of the chest (thats to the character left) so it seems like an odd place to have a wrinkle.

Intervain: "can't make a decision"

I'd say thats somewhat understandable. You've got an interesting job (I swear Altair had more airtime, on some television channels, then Santa Claus in December (nice work btw! ;)), so the portfolio isn't a driving concern. Your studies prove that just about any modeling technique is within your grasp at need. You've already lined up a battle plan to get your 2D skill where you want it. Whats left?

Might be time to look at the root of your interest in visual art. Do you really want to: Tell stories? Explore the human form? Make cutting political commentary? If you've got a neatly categorized root cause, or just one that you want to explore for the length of a project, it might help decide on the content. 3D at the level of polish that you do takes a silly amount of time and energy to get to finish, so I can understand why the first step in things would feel like a big commitment.

I almost have the reverse. I finally feeling like the technical stuff isn't overwhelming, so I could tell stories, and now there are a few dozen things I want to do :) Simple enough here though, I'm hacking together the portfolio and makes for some specific focusl.

Erm... probably should have dipped into root causes there, but it is what it is! Good luck finding what you want to do, and I'm sure it'll wind up interesting and well done in the end :D

Intervain
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
ok, i could have thought of that *doh* was it vancouver film school? i saw an advertisement of it here and maybe it was a sign from above ;)

LOL it was indeed :D

kary - thanks :D
I think that's my problem, no idea... I'm not really interested in illustration as such... I mean it would have been pretty to make a 3d image from beginning till end but I'm more into 3d which can actually be shown in 3d LOL... I think nowadays I'm most into a project that would take a longer time but show the biggest amount of modeling skills... will see what I can come up with ;) + I used to enjoy texturing a lot but now I'm just bored when it is part of a personal project...

kary
02-05-2008, 01:34 AM
I think that's my problem, no idea... I'm not really interested in illustration as such... I mean it would have been pretty to make a 3d image from beginning till end but I'm more into 3d which can actually be shown in 3d LOL... I think nowadays I'm most into a project that would take a longer time but show the biggest amount of modeling skills... will see what I can come up with ;) + I used to enjoy texturing a lot but now I'm just bored when it is part of a personal project...

Actually shown in 3d... so clay, marble, bronze, or something that can be printed? I'm missing the thread of that one :).

So you'd say that the technique and the challenge of it is whats interesting? I have to admit thats not one of my top motivations (thankfully! with my ability it'd be fail at every turn :D), but I think I can understand it. Sort of the same type of thing that drives atheletes and all. For me I tend to think in stories and the venues for that are pretty interesting. All the classic outputs are still there to some degree, and even realtime is becoming engaging. It's nice that ZB and MB give us the huge polycounts that let us develop assets aren't going to rot in 8 months time either.

Which is an incredibly long winded and digression filled way of saying: I'm surprised more people (with the ability to pull it off visually) don't work on their own IP. Not that anything would necessarily come of it, but it seems remarkable how few people actually do it. I guess working on it all day would make it the last thing you'd want to do. I wonder if it'd make sense to 'cross train', high end cinematics by day, graphic novels by night. Realtime models by day 'Saturday morning' style cartoons by night (digression part2).

Anyway sorry to spout off randomly twice like that ^^, it'll be very cool to see what you do -- for you to actually go after a technical challenge... that sounds impressive :)

Frejasphere
02-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Fascinating comments :)

I find it really interesting to hear more about the different journeys artists
take - what drives people to do the work they do, and what choices are
part of taking steps in new directions.

Sometimes I think that new directions tend to come from quite unexpected
corners of the mind... working in different mediums, or combining
one skill with a challenge to learn something new - can spark ideas which
throw spanners in the works :D but also excitement and passion!

I admire your work and don't think you need to worry about "not having
made a decision"... (I can't say I know anything about how the
digital industry works - so commenting more from a personal angle...)

cheers :)
a.

SpiritDreamer
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi ...Magdalena..:)

Just dropping by to say that I am really admiring your painting technique on this old man..GREAT JOB THERE..:applause:
KEEP INSPIRED, AND INSPIRING ...:thumbsup: :)
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Intervain
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
kary - hehe oh I do like a story as well, but not too much of it ;) and you can spout off anytime ;)

Annette - thanks :)

Glenn - awww! Thank you so much for visiting :D

brainwave
02-06-2008, 07:49 PM
what a perfect symphony, intervain ( i mean the vfs story) ^^ ok, i've read the posts but no idea what the matter was....i definitely need some coffee ;)

by the way, what does "reel" actually mean? and is your graduation reel somewhere out there/here on the web?

TheMiyamotoMusashi
02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Apsolutely gorgeous !!!

How did you learn to do color? Recomend some dvds and books...

So far i am stuck with white and black :( gota jump to color soon

Sherif.Nagib
02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Geeze 3 years, what a testament to how hard you work. Hats off to you. Not that I wear hats, but if I did I'd take it off.

2 years? i don't believe you...you must have been born with a graphicscard and a mouse in your hand and your first word was: "polygons" (i have no idea about 3d modeling so take a word that fits)

You guys should've seen here at school, Magda was a source of love and enlightment for all of us.. like a fairy-godmother spreading happiness and optimism, her struggle to have a killer reel was an inspiration, even to the laziest of students back then (namely myself).

She was actually going first for character animation (thank god she didn't). Then she was like "I'll do visual effects", but then the divine intervention came and a teacher said " hey magda.. you should do modeling, you seem to have a potential for it". And boy was he right !
Proud of megz :)
Hope I haven't taken this so far :D

Intervain
02-07-2008, 07:23 PM
you bloody well know you did ;) OMG made me laugh like crazy .... source of inspiration jada jada ;) Obviously I was as indecided as evah!! Guys don't read that :scream: :D [he's seeing things!] So happy to have you visit Sherif :bounce: made my day here! Love ya!

Gord-MacDonald
02-08-2008, 04:22 AM
There is so much here - and it is all such great work :bowdown:

Gord

Vilhelmina
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
You have so many amazing 3D models here!
Makes me want to give digital sculptinga try myself...
XD That would distract me from my 2D work though, so it'd have to wait.

Intervain
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Gord - thank you very much :D

Vilhelmina - thanks :)

well he's done, no matter the faults LOL I've had enough :eek::banghead: ... need to start something new pronto! Also I simply have to get the scanner this time. I've been sketching a lot lately and can't share any of it with ya [not that it's anything outstanding mind ;) - just to prove I am doing something these days ;)]

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-3/lg/bar_WIP_16.jpg

SpiritDreamer
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi...Magdalena...:)

FANTASTIC JOB ON YOUR OFDW 022 PIECE...:applause: :thumbsup:

A LITTLE PRESENT FROM MRS SPIRIT DREAMER/JESSICA, AND MYSELF, FOR YOU..:)

ENJOY...:)

Ebony and Ivory (video Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtiJN6yiik)

Intervain
02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
haha - thank you Glenn :) and MRS. Spirit :thumbsup:

Kanga
02-13-2008, 11:10 PM
The old guys legs are superb, not sexy,... err you know what I mean.

Cheerio Chris

sivan
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi Intervain,

Nice work, The WIP was very informative infact. Looking forward for more and more works from you.

Regards,

Sivan

My Anatomy Thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=200&t=595518)

killermachine
02-15-2008, 10:54 AM
i would love to see ur sketches.wont be anything less then inspiring :)

jurffy
02-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Saw through the process of your study, just wanted to say good work. :thumbsup:

alvukovic
02-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Love it! Like the wrinkles and colors! Great work!:applause:

Frejasphere
02-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Magdalena :)

Glad you kept the cool palette - and congrats on finishing a great piece :thumbsup:

cheers and take care

Intervain
02-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Kanga - thanks :D

sivan - thanks for visiting, and I'm glad it was of any use :D

killermachine - thanks :) oh they're not that fantastic you know ;)

jurffy - thank you very much!

vulf - aww! Thanks :D

Annette - thank you!:love:

Eiki
02-21-2008, 06:55 AM
hey great job on your ofdw! :thumbsup:
fantastic feeling and color! :bounce:

looking forward to see more of your work
seb

collings
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey magda that digital drawing is top notch ! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to see your next 3d models :bounce:

dingwang6
02-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey,Mag, its always a pleasure to watch your stuff!!!

kary
02-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Thought about doing a DomWar entry? You might enjoy that, and there is always the possibility of a Cintiq :) You'd have legit shot instead of the 'finishing' motivation I'm going for :D

Hope you've found something interesting to work on either way, always interesting to see your projects come together.

Intervain
02-26-2008, 12:07 AM
thanks guys!

BapKe - thank you! Glad you like it :)

collings - thanks :D - me too ;)

dingwang6 - thanks for visiting!

kary - I was thinking about it but this type of stuff is not quite up my alley... Best of luck with your entry - I'll be watching!

well I only just started a new project - just a couple of days of work so it still needs lots and lots more sculpting, texturing etc... just started playing around with the colour map today... doesn't quite look like the subject yet hehe [I do intend to spend around a month on this one], but I hope you can tell where I'm going with this *fingers crossed* [it's been so long since I've done texturing]

screengrab from zbrush

http://mdadela.com/gallery/IAN_WIP/w1.jpg

Kanga
02-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Lovely Magdalena! Very interested to see this one develope.:)

Cheerio Chris

kary
02-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Hm an older bald white guy... so few of those it's hard to guess ;) He looks extremely familiar but I can't quite place him. This is going to really bug me now :D (A little background: I tend to have trouble recognizing people I went to HS school with, so a recognizing someone from a cultural reference is probably beyond me.)

To me the texturing looks very good, especially for an early stage. Only things are very minor; a bit of sheen under the eyes (which won't happen till spec anyway), a bit of fine wrinkling around the mouth, a vertical line in the forehead. Just uber small nitpicky stuff that is ridiculous to be talking about this early.

Are you polypainting at all, or straight to bitmaps? Only tried polypainting once, but it seems very interesting.

I can understand that on the DomWar thing, a few more days in and the whole vibe is a little overwhelming (threads zip by so fast it's impossible to keep track of anything). I also haven't come close to a useable idea, so we'll see what happens :)

----

It'll be fun to feel like a moron when I find out why it felt like I should know that face straight off. It's a different nose to Ian McKellan, does have the same hair as Patrick Stewart, reminds me strongly of a french character actor... and it's just not clicking :D

Intervain
02-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Kanga - cheers!

Kary - LOL well it's supposed to be Ian - but like I've said I only just began so hopefully I'll get there [his face is rather hard I have to say] :) Funny about the nose - most people think of him as Gandalf and his nose wasn't his own in that movie :) Hopefully I'll get this one to look more like the original... with time... ;) Well it did bring him to mind at least so I ain't zillion light years away *phew* ... that's a start :scream:

oh and he'll have hair - but not sculpted ones :)

kary
02-26-2008, 03:16 AM
:D, thats who I thought it was, then looked on google image search and the picture was of him as Gandalf... with an artifical nose apparently... nifty :)

Intervain
02-26-2008, 03:18 AM
lol! Well I think it's the lips that's off most of all at the mo... :)

Piek
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
lol! Well I think it's the lips that's off most of all at the mo... :)
Only a tad. In the Richard III poster, where he's smoking Bogart Style, his mouth is pretty wide and fleshy.

anandpg
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Yess, yes... it looks like him alright!! :scream: Great going, so far, Magda!!.. anxious to see the final!:bounce: Are you gonna render him in XSI or Maya? ;)

SpiritDreamer
02-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi...Magdalena...:)

GREAT JOB so far on that new face...:thumbsup:
Hey, if it is not too much trouble, can you explain how you are doing his skin...is it done in Z BRUSH,...Is it done by picking it up from a photo, is it an instant material, or a combination of materials, is it painstakeingly hand rendered,or an instant skin kind of shader.....
Being new to Z BRUSH, AND 3D, I DON'T HAVE A CLUE TO THIS METHOD OF DOING SKIN THE WAY YOU ARE DOING IT, but would really like to know how it is done..VERY CURIOUS..:)
A little step by step, would be very useful, or even a point in the right direction to a tutorial of this technique, if there is one out there somewhere would be very helpful.
ANYWAY, REALLY looking forward to seeing him develope...:)
GREAT WORK AS ALWAYS MAGDALENA..:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Frejasphere
02-26-2008, 11:44 AM

please give him Gandalf hair :love:and a big nose :D
no... *cough* - you need to take him in the direction you see in your mind :)
It's just a habit where you place an actor in a "favourite box", yet - he's
done so many and is pretty cool as himself as well!

Impressed with how much life you've got in the face already, and will
keep an eye on where you take this

take care

Intervain
02-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Piek - true but I've noticed it got very thin with age... seems to be disappearing ;)

Anand - thank you... I'm glad you see it :scream: I was actually wondering the same thing...XSI probably...

Glenn - I'll see what I can cook up later today :) Glad you like it so far, still not much to show off I know...

Annette - hehe I have to admit I started with an express purpose of doing Ian as himself but as time goes on I am more and more tempted to do Gandalf instead... must... resist! ;) We'll see what happens - you know I do have a tendency to change my mind only too often :D

thank you guys for motivating me to work on him!:thumbsup:

nightwoodwolf
02-28-2008, 05:12 PM
great work Magdalena :thumbsup: .. ah and modeling Gandalf would really interesting :)

Intervain
03-09-2008, 04:47 PM
nightwoodwolf - thanks...

well I've been working on something else these past few days [a victorian lady with a bustle dress - call me nuts - will post soon] but I was tempted to get back to him this weekend... I've decided to follow your advice and make a Gandalf out of him ;) I have, however, avoided the hair and beard so far so that's the next step [I know it looks stupid now ;)].

Also I've decided to make it a polypainting exercise [no textures at all - just airbrushing on everything - enjoyed it immensly!] - just to see how it turns out, since I haven't done any of it yet... ANyway enough talking - here's a little progress... still the worst yet to be done :scream::eek:

screengrab from zbrush [so that's how it looks in there :)]

http://mdadela.com/gallery/IAN_WIP/w2.jpg

and a basic start on the hair and beard - not sculpted yet... just a mesh out of xsi placed on top :)

http://mdadela.com/gallery/IAN_WIP/w3.jpg

maozao
03-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I was browsing through your thread :) thanks for sharing so much amazing artwork

that's inspiring for me since i just recently started a thread here :)

Deepam
03-09-2008, 08:25 PM

I hv seen your other artworks as well and liked them very much. You are a great inspiration for me. This one is also going nicely.

Intervain
03-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Thank you very much guys :D

well here's the new project I've started this week... I've spend most of the time modeling the base mesh so far [still haven't finished all the pieces: she needs boots, jewellery and other bits and bobs:)] so there isn't much sculpting in there yet, as you can see :)

Anyway here's a start and lots more to go - A Victorian Lady Holding a Book [working title ;)]

http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_1.jpg

alvukovic
03-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Your work is inspiring! :drool:

DivineRAiN
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
wonderful models, glad that you decided to do Gandalf afterall.. you're going to have fun with all that hair. The skin looks great, although I'm thinking that some of the blue could be toned down, but I'm no expert on skin. Beautiful job so far on the lady, it'll be interesting to see how that turns out

Intervain
03-10-2008, 11:32 AM
vulf - thank you!

DivineRAiN - I'm thinking you're right :) I will work more on his face still [both colour and sculpting since I haven't really done any detailing yet], but must get on to that beard and hair now hehe, or I'll never do it ;) Thanks!

SpiritDreamer
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
HEY ...Magdalena...:wavey: :)

I LIKE THESE LATEST ADVENTURES OF YOURS...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHERE THEY TAKE YOU, OR IS IT WHERE YOU TAKE THEM..:scream:
GREAT JOB, AS ALWAYS...:thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Kanga
03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Love the serene victorian lass!
Egads! She doth display bountyfull cleavage methinks:).

Cheerio Chris

Intervain
03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Glenn thanks :)

Kanga - hehe... well I am basing myself on original designs so it's all fine and proper LOL... When u look at some of the paintings they are quite bare ;) - though the dresses they wore when going out usually were quite covered up, you're right, but ain't that boring? ;)

well I am definitely going to change the skirt design a bit - I don't like this one... things bug me greatly ;P

SylvanMist
03-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Ou that victorian lady's dress is beautiful, she looks awesome so far! So does your Gandalf, the colors are looking nice too :)

anandpg
03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
oh, WOW!! Awesome work so far on this one, Magdalena!! :bounce:

nightwoodwolf
03-10-2008, 07:39 PM
awesome work Intervain :thumbsup:

ceruleanvii
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
This Victorian lady looks like she's going to be incredible when she's finished! Love the details. Your Gandalf is looking great too.

Intervain
03-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Roja - thank you :D I'm really glad you like her!

Anand - YAY thanks! Glad to have you approve :)

nightwoodwolf - thank you :)

ceruleanvii - oh I do hope so :) Glad you like so far!

Like I've said, I've changed the skirt... I'm more satisfied with the shape now... Just started blocking in the basic big shapes so it's a bit of a mess ;). ALso worked on the face a tiny bit as well as the hair [thank goodness I'm mad about bbc costume dramas, all those DVDs come in very handy :scream:]

I think I want to turn the book around and put her finger inbetween the pages :) ... with time LOL

http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_2.jpg

Rebeccak
03-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Love the Gandalf sculpt! That's instantly recognizable. :)

Great stuff on the Victorian lady too, your output is inspiring. One critique might be that she seems a tad on the short side? Maybe to emphasize her elegance you might make her a bit taller - just a suggestion. :)

Intervain
03-11-2008, 02:59 AM
thanks Rebecca! Funny you should suggest that, I was actually considering elongating her a little earlier today :) Will do it then, now somebody else pointed it out as well!

aggie93
03-11-2008, 03:06 AM
Intervain - Zbrush is amazing. I have got to check that software out. I really like your chess pieces.

Gord-MacDonald
03-11-2008, 05:02 AM
loving it - just loving it!

Gord

anandpg
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Ya.. you're right about the book.. should be held the other way round anyways. :)
Left hand seems a bit stiff.. maybe too much bone sticking out.. but of course you will mend all that before you are through..
great work on the cloth.. way to go!!:buttrock:

kary
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
That is very nice.

Have you taken a look at it with the basic material seperations blocked in with subtool master or something? The sculpt already looks like it would spring to life if the material seperations were there.

I see what you mean by a technical challenge btw ;)

Intervain
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
yay I love this forum - good critis :)

Anand, yes I agree about the stiff hand and will indeed correct it...

aggie93 - definitely try it :)

Gord - thanks!

kary - good idea :)

JakeJK
03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
really solid sketchbook! :).. I'll follow this for sure..

Keep it up..

Intervain
03-12-2008, 12:45 AM
JakeJK - thanks :)

jtico
03-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Another lovely piece from you, Magdalena :love: . Looking forward to see how this one will develop. I'm curious about the way you will solve the book in her hands.

muttonman222
03-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Great models all around. I was admiring the victorian lady model and noticed that her spine might be bent back too much toward the top. This is looking at the side shot. Her arm is covering her spine from this view so its just a guess more than anything. I agree with the short comment. The upper body seems about right but her lower half could be lengthened a bit. I'm studying eyes so I noticed that the victorian lady has eyes that seem to buldge a bit. I also don't see a space for tear ducts but still beautiful work.
Good topology on the heads. Love the Gandolf model as well. Keep on inspiring.

Intervain
03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
jtico - thank you :)

muttonman222 - your comments made me think of how funny it is that some things from real life do not translate well into 3d :) I have matched her body [width, shape as well as height] to real life references and what's more a rather tall woman LOL and here we all are thinking she looks short :) I think it's also greatly owing to the cut of the dress [the length of the top makes the rest feel disproportionate...] Anyway I have already elongated the bottom part of her body and it does indeed feel better... I have to admit I do like the curve in the spine [which again is visually enhanced by that bustle I think and the corset] so I might keep it, or I might yet change it later hehe.
I have to say I completely agree with you about the eyes, they are too bulgy and I'll fix that for sure! Thanks for the great tips :):thumbsup:

Piek
03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Again, loads of new schtuff ! 'specially like the Victorian lady. It's a little late now, but in the past I've ref'd this site (http://www.vintagetextile.com/victorian.htm) for details and fabrics.

Intervain
03-13-2008, 10:14 PM
woah Pete - that's one awesome link!! Thank you so much :bounce:

maozao
03-13-2008, 10:24 PM
it's looking very good :)

can i ask you a question, i'm pretty sure you must have talked about it somewhere around, so sorry if i'm repeating all over again.

just curious, what is your workflow like? you model and pose your character and props in your base software (like xsi, maya or max) and export to zbrush? or do you do most of it zbrush based?

Intervain
03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
maozao - thank you... well usually I model the base mesh in xsi, pose it [nowadays mostly with transpose in Zbrush but sometimes I just cut up the mesh and pose it in pieces in xsi :) - a bit of a cheat!] and then sculpt it, often going back and forth between xsi and zbrush to readjust stuff etc...

a little progress - readjusted some things, rotated the head a bit to give her some stance, altered the level of the shoulders a bit and well turned that book, gave her the shoes and the reading glasses... no eyes because I have the turned head on a layer so I can still sculpt in symmetry and for now the eyes are in symmetry, until I do another layer for them :) Oh, and I made that lower body a bit longer :)
http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_4.jpg

Kanga
03-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Looking very attractive indeed! Lovely volumes and relaxed stance:). What do you mean by cutting up the mesh in your other 3d app? How does that help, just curious.

Well done
Chris

anandpg
03-14-2008, 05:45 AM
Looking awesome, Magda!:bounce:
I think the left hand is looking a little flat and a little too long in the palm area right now.
The lower body actually could be even longer.. I think girls with longer necks tend to have longer legs too.. not sure though.. just try it out.
Could you try making her waist a bit more slender? Right now, she seems to have a rather broad rib-cage.
This is going at a great pace!... hope you take it all the way to a final render with textures! :drool:

NR43
03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi Magdalena
Long time no see :)

You've been very productive as usual and the result is awesome.

Your latest piece is coming along nicely.
Something bothers me about the tip of her left shoe sticking out from under the dress though. It would suggest a different weight division throughout the whole body. (one supporting leg iso 2)
I noticed it because the shoetip is there but there is no sign of the leg being in a more forward position.

Just a thought

Spin99
03-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes I really like this update another scultp I'm really enjoying on this thread.
Very smart Magdalena :)

So I hope the latest ZB not giving you any problems once you get used to the quirks?

Cheers,
--JC.

razz
03-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Great new model, Magdalena! Love the old theme. Noticed the left shoe sticking out too, just what Johan mentioned. I do like the lower body cloth a lot, knowing how hard it is to draw or sculpt folds.
Always nice to see new stuff from you. Loads of inspiration for me!

Intervain
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Kanga - oh I don't export the pieces separately - no I use it for posing, instead of rigging, since I hate to weight points :scream: - so I'll just break the mesh up where the bending joints are and put all in place and then saw it back together :)

Anand - excellent points. Reading your crits made me laugh because it felt mostly like a conscience telling me not to be a lazy arse... I was actually thinking the same thing about the rib cage and that damn left hand ;) but was to lazy to do anything about them, so now I have to THANKS :D

Johan - thank you! A very good thought - I agree it looks weird :)

Spin99 - thank you :) Glad you like her so far! Oh Zbrush has its quirks, like any other 3d package... I actually kinda enjoy solving the problems so I don't really mind that much though I do see some people loosign their wits hehe when the tool disappears or the mesh blows up on subdivision ;)

razz - thank you! :D

maozao
03-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for sharing Magdalena, i didn't know people acctually did cut the mesh in pieces to pose it... i've thought of that once but i gave up on the idea. might give it a try someday.

Intervain
03-15-2008, 06:56 PM
maozao - a pleasure! whatever gets you where you want to go works :)

a couple more hours on this chap :) still needs way more work and way more hair :scream:

http://mdadela.com/gallery/IAN_WIP/w5.jpg

Intervain
03-16-2008, 02:51 AM
and a little more today :)

http://mdadela.com/gallery/IAN_WIP/w6.jpg

anandpg
03-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey Magda!
Gandalf is looking awesome!:thumbsup:.. are you going to combine the head with the beard later and blend them?

Frejasphere
03-17-2008, 08:00 AM

ohhhh Gandalf - superb! :thumbsup: Great likeness already, esp around the eyes
I will be following where you take this one for sure :) :drool:

cheers

Spin99
03-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Magdy,
here's a link to one of my favourite Gandalfs I've seen on CG Talk.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=208&t=477569&page=2&pp=15&highlight=gandalf

I like yours too, specially since the likeness definitely seems to be there.
I think comparing the two what comes to mind is that claybub seems to have more of a very
high poly hollywood-ready approach whereas yours seems to be almost able to take part in a game.
Dunno just a thought.

But it's really impressive how many great sculpts keep popping in this thread imho ;)

Intervain
03-17-2008, 04:58 PM
thanks guys!

Spin99 - I think the difference is also that Claybub had the real-life likeness in mind and I was going more for the sculpture/sideshow bust thing, but fair enough :)

kary
03-17-2008, 07:46 PM
.. the sculpture/sideshow bust thing, but fair enough :)

First thing that occured to me was that this (with a more interesting base) would make a nice 3d print. :)

Intervain
03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
hehe poor sideshow guys - that's exactly what their bases look like :P - I guess they make them plain not to detract from the characters themselves... so do the Gentle Giants, whose bases are either simple round things or a bit of rock :) I like me a plain base myself, too... anyway now you guys made me want to make him more fancy and elaborate... sigh... I should not be reading crits LOL

kary
03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
That reaction (elaborate base) can be blamed on the art direction of the LoTR films ;) Now that we've all been exposed to that it's hard to not think of a statue of Gandalf not having an elaborate base that would fit into Elrond's palace. It's sort of odd because the lathed quality had me vaguley thinking chess piece when looking at it -- whereas if it has been a very simple box shape it would haven't occured. Could be that the black finish had a part in that... if it were a tonal cousin of the hat and robe it might... well it's just minor personal takes on it ;)

It's really good.

(Technicalish question: Why is the underside of the brim of his hat completely black? With the amount of light on his hair you'd think there'd be at least a smidge of bounce.)

Intervain
03-18-2008, 08:44 PM
oh it's just a screencapture from zbrush so blame the default scene light for that :D - it's not a render... the inside of the hat's just like the outside :)

Deepam
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
nice progress in the portrait !

Did you take base mesh from other software to Zbrush or its totally Zbrush creation ?

Intervain
03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you!
it's an XSI base :)

I'm currently doing a lot of shader/render tests in Maya and XSI folks, hence nothing new so far...I'm trying to decide which Software to use for shading :)

TheMiyamotoMusashi
03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
You really kick ass don't ya? !!! :)

But watch out i am gonna get you in a year or so :)

kary
03-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Thank you!
it's an XSI base :)

I'm currently doing a lot of shader/render tests in Maya and XSI folks, hence nothing new so far...I'm trying to decide which Software to use for shading :)

My silly tech question #513: Don't they both use MR 3.1 with almost the same set of shaders exposed? Or are you looking at a 3rd party renderer?

Intervain
03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
they do! it's just a matter of forcing myself to learn more of the M one ;)

RahMorais
03-21-2008, 03:10 AM
how amazing is that!
I spent like 3 days to see the whole thread! and I must admit, youŽre one of the most talented artist IŽve ever seen...
really loved the way you managed to study and push yourself harder to the next level! really a great reference for an aspirating artist like myself!

IŽll be watching for now on, and keep us aways updated!
take care

muttonman222
03-23-2008, 08:17 AM
I think this sculpt is amazing. One area that I find hard to solve is the blending of hair into the head and I notice there's a slight hard line on Gandalf's beard where it meets his cheek. I only mention this because you have some crazy skills and I'm hoping to learn how you might approach a fix.
Keep on inspiring.

Intervain
03-24-2008, 10:53 PM
rart - thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it :)

muttonman222 - thanks :) Glad you like him. Yes I know what you mean about that joining point. I was thinking about merging the 2 and getting rid of the harsh line but the 2 meshes together make the computer go crazy :) so I'll have to keep them separate and figure something out hehe...

For now a little update on the lass - she's been evolving and evolving - I'm constantly changing things in the dress... crazy actually - but I like the current version more than the previous one... started texturing the head a little just to get some rest form the other parts :) In short - haven't done much :P --- sorry no proper [that is textured] eyeballs so she looks creepy ;)

http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_6.jpg

RahMorais
03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
really realistic textures, loving that!
reminded me of Mrs Coulter from "his dark materials" novel.

are you using zbrush for the modelling and the texturing process?

Intervain
03-24-2008, 11:10 PM
wow that was fast hehe :) Thanks rart!

Yes I am using Zbrush as well as Photoshop for the texturing + xsi for modeling... I like to have solid xsi bases before I sculpt, so I often jump between the two apps :)

I love HDM books btw so I do like the comparison ...

Kanga
03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
He he, nice textures Magda. Love to chuck some gi and sss on that one:D . The whole sculpt has kept its serenity, very nice!

Cheerio Chris

Intervain
03-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh I'll chuck sss on it for sure :) - for now it's just a screencap from zbrush and not the texture's not finished either... blah I'm slow lately and a bit lazy :P Thanks for visiting!

MiguelS
03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Its looking pretty good, I like her pose and clothes, her hair looks pretty good aswell.
Keep up the good work. :)

razz
03-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Ahh, you guys are pushing forward too fast! Love the face and I'm very happy this is not some porn chick showing her big boobs and barely wearing any clothes. Maybe that's because it's not a guy doing all this, hehe. Kudos for that, Magda!
Mm, to give some suggestions, how about turning her body slightly away from the viewer and her head turned to viewer.
Again I must thank you for the inspiration. You're making me come back to 3d more and more. And I love that!

Kanga
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
......I'm very happy this is not some porn chick showing her big boobs and barely wearing any clothes......!
QFA
You wound me sir. Being a sexist male I resemble that statement :) .

Chris

Spin99
03-25-2008, 10:30 AM
@ Kanga

it's ok I'll make the porn chick with the big boobs if you want :\

@ Magdy

Your Victorian lady looking wonderful textures and all imho
Lack of eyes makes me think of horror movies tho'
Waiting to see Gandalf making a comeback :buttrock:

Intervain
03-25-2008, 10:42 AM
MiguelS - thank you :)

razz - thanks :) No chicks with boobs from me anytime soon, I can promise you that :P I do want to turn her head but after I'm done with the face and torso sculpting, which are not finished yet. I do not want to make things harder for myself with lack of symmetry in some places at this stage... I do agree she needs it though!

Kanga - LOL I guess it's all down to personal preference :)

Spin99 - thanks, yeah I agree she looks creepy but I just can't be bothered to do the eyes in Zbrush since the final render will be in xsi -... waste of time :scream:

Kanga
03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
@ Kanga

it's ok I'll make the porn chick with the big boobs if you want :\
Got it covered,....making my own:)

Chris

Venuscia
03-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow....this is one amazing sketchbook. I love the work and I think the work on the female face and dress looks great. Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing your future additions :)

rasmusW
03-30-2008, 08:27 PM
hey magdalena!

awesome stuff. not sure what else to say than what razz did earlier...

Ahh, you guys are pushing forward too fast! Love the face and I'm very happy this is not some porn chick showing her big boobs and barely wearing any clothes. Maybe that's because it's not a guy doing all this, hehe. Kudos for that, Magda!
Mm, to give some suggestions, how about turning her body slightly away from the viewer and her head turned to viewer.
Again I must thank you for the inspiration. You're making me come back to 3d more and more. And I love that!

really is inspireing.

-r

Intervain
04-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Venuscia - thank you very much! I really appreciate the kind words :)

Rasmus - thanks a lot :D I'm glad you like the progress :)

SIGH - still so much to be done in terms of modeling itself [I'm also working on other things ATM :eek:]... must do the hands for one :scream:
Also I simply cannot make up my mind about the colour scheme. So before I start the proper texturing I've slapped on some colours to see what you think. There is no spec map on the face and there's no texture on the hands so it looks like a wax figure now ;) the eyes are a stand in so she looks sleepy and blase LOL

Tell me what you think about the colour of the dress? or maybe I should change it... I don't want to go too far into the wood and then turn back LOL Also not sure about the backgrounds... blah... anyway here's what she looks like in xsi with just some colour on and no proper aliasing :scream::

http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_8.jpg

oh and a shaded version

http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_8_sh.jpg

anandpg
04-02-2008, 02:34 AM
:bounce::bounce::eek: WOWOWOW!! nothing to say.. just keeping eyes peeled for updates!!:bounce:
Still a bit worried about that left hand though..:D

Frejasphere
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM

Oh she's coming along great! so much elegance and beauty packed into
one work of art :) :eek: very life-like as well! I like the red rusty dress (maybe
add some red highlights to her hair - or darken her hair to make the head band stand out)
Really look forward to seeing more :)

cheers

ceruleanvii
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow, she's looking fantastic! Really, really beautiful model. As far as the red dress - it's a lovely color and fabric, very lush and rich. The dark red does seem to be accentuating her pallor, giving her a slightly Gothic look - which may be what you want? I know the Victorian women were delicate flowers, at least in theory :)

Maybe you could post a few with some different dress colors? I'd love to see what she looks like in blue -

Great work!

Deepam
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Magdalena !!

she is looking great in the red beauty . . . you can also try sparkling black cloths

http://z.about.com/d/fashion/1/5/r/e/2/HFPA07_0566.jpg

http://style.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/12/simmons_2.jpg

Intervain
04-03-2008, 02:35 AM
WOW - thanks guys, I'm really glad you like the start of the textures :D :buttrock:

anand - hehe I hear ya though truly I'm not sure what you mean [well I haven't done much with the hands anyway so I'll probably will see in the end LOL]

Annette - thank you :) Good tips there!

ceruleanvii - not sure about Gothic hehe - I did lighten it up a tad... I thought blue would look good myself but didn't like it in the end :)

Deepam - thanks! I fear black will make all the details in the sculpting disappear... maybe I'll try again though

well I got nutty today and went ahead with the crazy stitching on the top part of the dress... still not done though ... I'm mad and I've painted it all by hand 0_o I surely can't see straight now :D little closeup on the map itself there... the top needs way more little wrinkes and obviously some more pattern in the spec map + definitely less saturation LOL

http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_9.jpg

NR43
04-03-2008, 04:58 AM
Hi Magdalena,

Did you use bump on that stitching pattern?
Maybe it's just the lighting but it seems kinda "heavy", particularly on the sleeves.

Anyway, my first reaction was:

Damn you're good :bounce:

Intervain
04-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Johan - thanks :) Yes I did use a bump and you're right a tad too much now I look at it! Well spotted :thumbsup:

SpiritDreamer
04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
HEY ....Magdalena...:)

BEAUTIFUL...:applause: :thumbsup:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

xsiyou
04-03-2008, 10:18 AM
this is one amazing sketchbook.I spent like one week to see the whole thread two.You're my idol.With your diligence, I'm sure you will amount to something in the future.How many hours do you have to work?

Piek
04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Also not sure about the backgrounds... blah...

Something dimly lit, bit of wood panelling, Pugin wallpaper? Or maybe a studio portrait setup like Sargent's? Latest updates are great.

Intervain
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
zhandong - Thank you very much for the kind words - I ain't as diligent as I'd wish though :scream: I have about 2 hours a day to do something so not much - as I am working full time...]

Piek - well as usual - you've been reading my mind :) I've made a panelled wall behind her and a damask wallpaper on top and have been staring intently at Ingres, Sargent and Tissot these past few days LOL... thing is, with those 19th century chaps the bg's are usually bright and the whole atmosphere's airy rather than the nice dim lighting of the baroque portraits... I love both but the bright one requires more effort on the bg ;)... I'm still undecided but probably will end up modeling something

you got me thinking with the Pugin word though... making it more gothic might just solve the problem after all...
THanks so much!

Frejasphere
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Look forward to seeing the gothic background take form :)

cheers

Intervain
04-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Annette - hehe, we'll see :)

and a little more [well, spent lots of time on the textures thought it barely shows ;) - and she has a bonnet now... also decided to give her new jewellery next...]

http://www.mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_10.jpg

collings
04-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Like i said on zbrushcentral, it's coming along pretty nicely. :thumbsup:
The modeling is great and the textures will definitely enhance the whole model even more !

RahMorais
04-06-2008, 02:58 AM
wow I really loved these little details, its so my grandmaŽs clothes ( no offense at all :)) keep that up and really nice job Intervain!
take care

Kanga
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Looking nicer and nicer! Love the severity of the chest area. Keeping the overall harmony very well.

Cheerio Chris

AmrutRaju
04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Pretty cool textured model, espicelly i like the cloth work, really nice job.....mag :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DivineRAiN
04-08-2008, 12:02 PM
yep, you are nuts.. but in a good way. I like the stitchy details of the pattern, and the bonnet. Beautiful job on the texturing

Frejasphere
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM

oh she so suits that little bonnet :) and the gloves... are you going with handbag and gloves? my mum was only talking the other day, about how she had to wear gloves to school and to 'town' when she was young... (and she's not really that old ;) ) exciting to see this lady of yours evolve - and your skills are just 'swish' (blow me away) :)

take care!

Intervain
04-10-2008, 01:21 AM
collings - thank you :)

rart - cheers!

Kanga - thank you!

amruth9 - thanks, glad you like it so far :)

DivineRAiN - thank you :D

Frejasphere - hehe no gloves nope... anyway I'm lazy and still avoiding the hands ;)

well tried to give the dress more of stiff, silk-taffetea feel rather than flowy cloth... they usually were rather cramply those dresses... Also unwrapped the bottom part of the body and added some pleaded fringe and such... more to come ;)
*thank goodness for passes :scream:*
http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_11.jpg

anandpg
04-10-2008, 02:42 AM
WOW, Magda!!! :eek: :applause: She is so B-E-A-UUUTIFUL!! How about a wee-bit of color on her cheeks? Are you rendering the high density mesh directly or using displacement?

nielot
04-10-2008, 06:55 AM
HI
beautifull!!
i specialy love wrinkles on the coth... :)
awesome
cheers

Intervain
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Anand - yes, I was thinking the same thing hehe - I will add some colour to her later - not touching the face now, must do rest ... Yes I'm rendering high res mesh - well mid-res I should say [around 3/4 levels of subd - bless XSI for hadling it well!] + there's sss on almost everything and very high-res textures hehe... but broken down into passes it renders in a couple of mins so all's well :)

NIELOT - thank you :D

Spin99
04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Wow such a preety lady :)
Enjoying this one, wonderful work.

I've been going a bit crazy getting displacement to work with XSI,
with pretty good success though. It speeds things up even further.

Have you tried the binder BenR shader?
It bakes your high-res mesh, no loss whatsoever.
Maybe it's more td than artist stuff though, not sure :buttrock:

PS-- Maybe you wouldn't like what happens to the render tree afterwards.
It does change it, and I'm only coming to grips with it.
Otherwise it's the best displacement I've rendered in any of
my toying around with 3D packages, I have to say.

PPS-- It should work with any displacement painter also,
including Silo, ZB and MB as far as I can guess.

Intervain
04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
spin99 - so you're saying you've used that plugin? I've been looking at it so far LOL and not trying it... no idea why 0_o Well if it works so well I will have a go. I'm quite technical so no biggie LOL If it changes the render tree I might try it on something else though, my trees are quite grown on this project and I definitely dont' want to redo them :D:curious:
I don't usually have problems with displacement in XSI since I'm quite used to using it constantly at work but I found it's actually way faster to render the high-res mesh instead with the normal map on... way, way faster on my machine anyway...

sycen
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Your last work make me fell off my chair literally.
Awesome work :applause:.

andy6308AAA
04-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey. Very nice character, the sculpt works great.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5076821#post5076821

teo-disturbed
04-10-2008, 05:23 PM
A dziękować, dziękować :)

So, your sculpts are cool too, so clean and have a spirit.
And I have some questions to you :) plz answer if you have a time, I would be very aprreciated [or something like that :P].

1. How long have you been working for Ubi Soft?
2. Any art education background before you get in to Ubi or selfatught?
3. Is it harder or easier to get into the industry abroad [like Ubi and other big brands] than in Poland?

Maybe I will be able to send them my portfolio for 5 years. :)

Frejasphere
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Ok so no gloves...I think that makes sense, to have her bare hands will
give more balance to the skin colour from her face - I do look forward to seeing her elegant hands evolve :)
The dress is coming along fabulously - those folds and layers of cloth :drool:

take care :)
a.

Icey
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Insane skills!! Great sesitivity! I would love to see a short animation with your characters! They feel so alive!

:)

Intervain
04-11-2008, 10:04 PM
sycen - thank you so much! too kind :)

andy6308AAA - thanks :)

teo-disturbed - thank you - well you'll find the answers to both of your questions in my sketchbook thread, since I've been asked that many times before :) also there's an interview here full of info: http://www.max3d.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=39116

Annette - thank you so much, I'm really glad you're enjoying the WIP :) :wip:

Icey - way too kind, especially with your skills! I can hide in a bin :buttrock:

anandpg
04-12-2008, 04:06 AM
also there's an interview here full of info: http://www.max3d.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=39116

Is there an English version? :p

xsiyou
04-12-2008, 05:57 AM
波兰语,Polish version?maybe,:cool:

Intervain
04-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Anand - nope no English verson, teo is Polish that's why I linked to it ;)

Intervain
04-12-2008, 03:37 PM
something I did these past couple of days - not finished yet - it's the first pass so it'll probably evolve more... It's for a friend's personal animation project, which I hope will come through as the entire idea's friggin' cool. She's one of the main characters :) - just pure poly modeling for now. You see I'm not totally slacking here LOL [Designed by Galit - just a note: plz don't copy or redistribute the character thnx!]

http://mdadela.com/gallery/peephole.jpg

NR43
04-12-2008, 03:43 PM
wow
something tells me the character isn't as cute as it looks :)
I'd strongly recommend putting a watermark on that image asap or else lower the resolution to avoid abuse...

Intervain
04-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks :) good idea :) - did that - and I have to say you do have a right feeling hehe

TheBloodyAlien
04-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Magda, the little serial killer girl with the hat is cute, but the lady with the hat is... fantastic(tm)!

Intervain
04-12-2008, 09:28 PM
lol - thank you but she's not a killer, quite far from that :D

Intervain
04-14-2008, 12:41 AM
well a bit of an update - I'll let her go for a while but I do mean to finish her...just need a break :eek::shrug:
I think I'll give her a glass panelled door to the garden as a bg - and maybe a bit of a curtain on one side - in the style of Tissot ... just thinking aloud :arteest:...
http://mdadela.com/gallery/LADY_WIPs/Lady_wip_12_smaller.jpg

Frejasphere
04-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Lovely Magdalena :)

Sad to see you miss the OFDW... if you had the time I'd push - there's
the Ingres painting there, which makes me think of you each time I see it :)
(the one you did in the mixed masters last year :arteest: )

have a break and I look forward to see the background :)

cheers and take care

RahMorais
04-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Amazing Intervain, photorealistic and also so 3D hehhee
congratulations!

teo-disturbed
04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks a lot for the link. :) Very helpful and motivating. :D

calan
04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
That model is absolutly beautiful Magdalena! The details in the clothing :eek: Stunning!

Piek
04-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I love the fact that she looks like a person, not some generic blank.

Also, I've double checked the angle of the hat and it definitely 'jaunty' - so good work there :o)

monicaitt
04-15-2008, 03:02 AM
wow! very nice work here magda.:bowdown:I really like the detail work on the jacket

SpiritDreamer
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
HEY ...Magdalena..:)

GREAT job on your lady...BEAUTIFUL...:thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

samarcbz
04-22-2008, 08:09 AM
great stuff magda..i just love her face. ireally love the cloth choice on her too.will b a great piece once u finish it.will surely take a print out of it and show my mom n say " find some1 like here,if u want me to get married ".hehehehehe

can u plz share the sss shader and which application dud u use to texture the skin?
it would b really helpful.:shrug:

claybub
04-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Thats really gorgeous magdalena! The face is perfect, she reminds me of Cate Blanchett. The clothing design is lovely :)

The only thing that pops out as looking a bit unnatural to me is the hands. they look a little bit "posed", and the thumb on the hand holding the book looks a little unusual? It could just be me though, I'm not terribly great at hands. I hate sculpting hands :p

Really pretty work as usual!

Spin99
04-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Hey there :p

but I found it's actually way faster to render the high-res mesh instead with the normal map on... way, way faster on my machine anyway... Yeh I just playing around with 3D and trying to figure if I can get anything I may get around to sculpting to render on my machine. So I went to find out how to do displacement in XSI.
And really think baking hi-res is the best way to do displacement :love:
Don't know how to do normal maps on top of that though..
And then I didn't know how you pros did it so ;)

Here I think I'd probably have to bake the hi-poly meshes so they don't slow down render times and scene navigation, setting up lights etc etc blah blah

Your lady looks really nice, to me a cross of the already mentioned Cate Blanchett and maybe Cameron Diaz dunno. Really nice texturing and everything.
Nice work as always ;)

Intervain
04-23-2008, 10:46 AM
thanks so much everyone! I've been super busy and tired lately ;) but hopefully will get back to working on her and a couple of other characters this weekend! 0_o

Annette - thank you very much! *hugs*

rart - LOL don't know if the 'so 3d' is a good sign :D

calan - thank you!! I'm glad - since it's coming from a texture artist :deal:

Piek - hehe! yes very jaunty indeed :)

monicaitt - thank you :)

Glenn - cheers sir! Glad you like :)

samarcbz - hehe! LOL glad you like her features so much... I have to admit it was hard to make a face up without making it look like some person or other... I'll post the settings on the weekend along with the next update :) - I'm using XSI 6.5

claybub - wow thanks sir! I'm glad you like her and see some of Cate in her - that's a compliment since she's my fav actress and I think she's quite stunning! I agree about the hands - they're totally not finished and I hate doing them as well... About them being posed - I used a Winterhalter painting as reference and that woman had her hands in this ridiculous position LOL... I stuck to it since it's supposed to be in the style of 19th century paintings... I agree though, they're a bit weird but I'm too lazy to change the pose now :p so I'll just refine the shape...

Spin99 - hehe well in my personal work I like to use a level 3 mesh with a normal map on top, rendered also from level 3 up... At work I'd usually make a displacement map at level 1 and then a normal map from 3 up so the first level's are not duplicated... It works pretty fine and the normal enhances the detail that are lost with displacement:)

Spin99
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM
:D

OK with binder there's no loss the rendered images from the high-res and the "baked" high-res are the same size. How insane is that. No need for normal maps then.
Or huge floating point maps. That's why XSI is best that I know of. K I'll keep quiet now.

Intervain
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
oh no need to keep quiet - you got me really interested in that plugin now and I'll definitely give it a go this weekend! I need to see it with my own eyes LOL:deal:

xsiyou
04-24-2008, 02:41 AM
very nice work here magdalena:thumbsup: .
What method of uv do you prefer? xsi or?

Intervain
04-24-2008, 10:47 AM
yzdyzdyzdyzd1124 - depends on what I'm unwrapping really :) I prefer to do some things in xsi and other things in Unfold 3d [mostly those 2]

Intervain
04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
a little Zbrush doodle I did yesterday... needed to do something quickand off the top of my head... no refs and it shows a bit :p [base mesh used was a square jawed male ;)]
http://mdadela.com/gallery/priestess_smaller.jpg

batte812
04-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi Magdalena, you're producing great work lately! I really like that last one: it has a peculiar mood in it - like some sort of an art nouveau statue. Keep going!

kary
04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Very nice sketch :)

Rebeccak
04-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Ooh I really love that one. :) Very 'spiritual' looking model. :)

xsiyou
04-26-2008, 06:01 AM
very pretty!:thumbsup: Arran Lewis?

anandpg
04-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Hey Magda! thats a cool one!! :thumbsup:

NR43
04-26-2008, 07:01 AM
pure elegance!

Intervain
04-26-2008, 06:08 PM
battle812 - thank you :)

Rebeccak - thanks very much! I like that description :)

kary - thanks! glad you like it :D

yzdyzdyzdyzd1124 - thank you :) - yes Arran + wood texture :)

anandpg - thanks Anand!

NR43 - aw thank you very much! Sounds good to me ;)

well a little doodle in photoshop today, trying to visualize a character I would like to do in 3d - a Fremen woman... [yes I like the idea of them in colourful clothes, like the Maasai, rather than those shabby browns :P]

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-3/lg/s_5.jpg

nightwoodwolf
04-26-2008, 06:30 PM
great work Magda, congrats for the interview on ZBC :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
04-27-2008, 06:53 AM
congrats for the interview on ZBC :thumbsup:Hey Intervain, as I mentioned via pm, I'm glad that the interview (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=058756) finally happened, and congratulations for that. I do have to admit that I was a little disappointed by your not mentioning the role of the OFDWs in your work:

Looking at the 2D work on your website (http://mdadela.com/), it's clear that you're heavily inspired by painting's old masters. How has that influenced your 3D work?

Oh very much. I love old paintings - I've always enjoyed staring at the costumes and faces on 17th, 18th and 19th century masters' paintings in particular.

Artists like Van Dyck, David, Ingres, Tissot and Winterhalter stirred my imagination. I love the costumes in their portraits. On top of that I'm also a big fan of BBC's costume adaptations of literary classics which are a great source of inspiration. I have, in fact, recently started working on a 3D model of a Victorian dress... A bit crazy, I have to admit.I've always enjoyed and appreciated your participation, but to be honest it bothers me a little bit that no mention was made that your gallery began to fill up with both 2D and 3D master studies as a direct result of your participation in the OFDWs. I hope that you can understand why I might be disappointed at the omission.

Intervain
04-27-2008, 01:04 PM
your gallery began to fill up with both 2D and 3D master studies as a direct result of your participation in the OFDWs. I hope that you can understand why I might be disappointed at the omission.

I understand completely and I'm really sorry about it as I've mentioned in the PM. To be honest though my 3d gallery would have filled up with works influenced by paintings one way or the other since I've been influenced by them since I was little because my parents had a huge library of art albums [there is not 1 piece there from the OFDW though]. My 2d work was indeed influenced by the workshops, which I don't deny. Thank you for making me feel bad and a traitor for answering a couple of questions:hmm: especially that this interview had nothing to do with the stuff we talked about some time before that didn't come into fruition for months and was only in a 'maybe' and 'perhaps' phase all along [wish I hadn't mentioned it at all now]:sad:

SpiritDreamer
04-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi ...Magdalena...:)

Just popping in to see what you've been up to lately...WOW ..:thumbsup:
AWSOME JOB on that last sculpture..the one above that you created from imagination...BEAUTIFUL STYLE and STYLIZATION.
I really love the elongation of the neck and collar and all of those elegent curves throughout the piece//REALLY BEAUTIFUL WORK THERE...:applause: :thumbsup:
I also like the sketch for the Fremen woman..nice colors and mood established already..can't wait to see where you go with it from there...:)
ALWAYS AN INSPIRATION VISITING YOUR THREAD MAGDALENA..:)
KEEP INSPIRED AND INSPIRING :thumbsup:
TAKE CARE
Glenn

Rebeccak
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I understand completely and I'm really sorry about it as I've mentioned in the PM. To be honest though my 3d gallery would have filled up with works influenced by paintings one way or the other since I've been influenced by them since I was little because my parents had a huge library of art albums [there is not 1 piece there from the OFDW though]. My 2d work was indeed influenced by the workshops, which I don't deny. Thank you for making me feel bad and a traitor for answering a couple of questions:hmm: especially that this interview had nothing to do with the stuff we talked about some time before that didn't come into fruition for months and was only in a 'maybe' and 'perhaps' phase all along [wish I hadn't mentioned it at all now]:sad:Hey Magda, I've replied via pm.

Spin99
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
I like your Fremen woman, looks like she's part of some Eastern European tribe living in some exotic place. Really cool :P

Frejasphere
04-30-2008, 12:00 AM

Great to see your latest updates! I like the 'no-ref' sculpture, she really has a serene quality about her: almost Nerfetiti-ish :) (there isn't a 'serene' smiley face, so a happy face will have to do). Congrats on the ZBC interview as well :arteest:Interesting to hear about how you grew up in a house filled with art albums. (I grew up in a 'house of books and art' as well ;) )

cheers and take care - look forward to see where you take your Fremen woman

selphoo
05-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Witam ! ;)

Thanks a lot for visiting my thread- i've watched your works some time ago, but i really don't have much time at this moment for watching others work.. - but now i must say that your 3d modelling is really on the higher level :) i've tried to work in zBrush but for me it's better to make a real sculpture than something in 3d program... I think it's really hard to learn it and i'm showing you ! big respect ;D ! - i'm waiting for more of your stuff and wishing you creative idea's!

Pozdrawiam! // Take care!