PDA

View Full Version : feng zhu

nmx
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
hi guys ive just finished watching gnomon feng zhu 'digitaI painting' the one where he paints the futuristic city scene and the industriaI scene in photoshop, im wondering has anyone seen the previous gnomon dvds where he sketched the scenes -if so i wonder couId you teII me what size the finished marker sketches were before scan in to photoshop, because they were very big on the computer screen at a hundred percent. cheers nmx

ps , did he use the thumb naiI to overIay method (photocopy etc) for these drawings.

cooI

mx70
07-12-2006, 12:01 AM
i haven't seen the video, sorry

Reikon
07-12-2006, 01:00 AM
I've only seen the video you have seen. The one where is actually painting his sketch. I would imagine either A he worked directly in PS making the sketch. Or he probably worked no bigger than 11 x 14" on paper. Also from what i've heard he does tons of thumbnails first. I'm curious why do you ask?

CodeNothing
07-12-2006, 07:25 AM
I havent seen the one your asking about, but i have seen vehicle sketching and shot design. From what ive seen Feng prefers to work with ordinary 8.5 x 11 paper. Ive never seen any work of his done on anything larger. Its possible, but i'd say its likely the sketches were 8.5 x 11.

BTW the Feng vehicle and robot sketchings are quite good. But Dylan Cole has much better environment DVD's in my humble opinion.

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2006, 07:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.