PDA

View Full Version : How to make lightwave "remember" position of dialogue boxes, etc.

Anoma1y
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey guys!

Just a quick little question that I can't seem to crack. I just intalled lightwave 8.5 on a new computer, and everything is working fine, except that every time I open lightwave it seems to "forget" the placement of the various windows/dialogue boxes I had open when I closed it the last time. I know that sounds insignificant, but on my old computer I got accustomed to modelling with the "Point Statistics," "Numeric," and "Layers" boxes stacked up vertically on the right side of the screen, all tucked into a little corridor to the left of the main program window.

I'm kind of OCD about getting all the boxes to line up just right so that it looks like an actual interface and not just a jumble of different windows, and it used to just default back to that configuration everytime I started modeller. Now, the main window is in the right position and size, but all three dialogue boxes start in the same place right in the middle of my perspective viewport, and I have to drag them into place every time I open the program before I get to work.

Any ideas on how to make my computer remember where everything is when I close modeller?

Thanks!

Cageman
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Sounds like your configfiles doesn't get written to. Make sure they aren't writeprotected.

EDIT: You could try to make LW read configfiles from another folder. If you are on windows, the configfiles are stored in C:Documents & Settings/Username/

I don't like that, so I've changed it to read from F:\LightWave_8.3\Config. To make this change, rightclick on your shortcut and select properties. There should be a line looking like this: F:\LightWave_8.3\Programs\lightwav.exe

Change it to look something like this: F:\LightWave_8.3\Programs\lightwav.exe -cF:\LightWave_8.3\Config

It makes my life easier, as to when I backup my LW-folder, the configfiles are backed up as well..

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.