PDA

View Full Version : What's the 19" monitor best buy for the buck??? (CRT)

jussing
01-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Hello, everyone!

I used to have a 19" CRT Viewsonic - don't remember the exact model specs, but it's the one with the two hair thick horizontal lines trinitron technology.

The picture quality was completely awesome, the picture was sharp and crisp, the glass was completely flat, and the 2 lines never bothered me. I loved it.

Unfortunately, it spontaniously got a malfunction where it want black, and now it's useless.

So what should I buy now?

I'd buy a Viewsonic again, but
a) when I browse forums, it appears people have TONS of problems with their Viewsonics... (flickering, dark corners, blurred image, etc)
b) the company who repairs ViewSonic in Denmark (where I live) sucks beyond my vocabulary
c) the model I had is produced no more, and I don't know what their replacent series is. They have something called "perfect flat", but is that the trinitron technology?

So what's out there? I want 19", flat, crisp, sharp, deluxe, trinitron, super, what-have-you, and I want good, stable hardware. (and I want CRT, not LCD - my wallet's not that big ;))

I'd really appreciate to hear everyone's advice and experience regarding 19" monitors! Thank you! :)

Kindest regards,
- Jonas

Solesurvivor
01-17-2003, 10:06 AM
iiyama vision master pro 454, I have one, it's fantastic :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and it's around 500

kwshipman
01-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I have a Philips 109B. It is far from perfect but not terrable either. Max res is 1920x1440. biggest complaint is you can see these curved lines on the side on the monitor, they only spread about an inch from the edge, and can only be seen if there is a solid medium color. So if the programs tool bar is there you will never see it. Best part is that I got it for $250 from Office Depot.

I would suggest that you go to a computer store and check it out first, see if it bothers you. If not then I would recoment it.

Valkyrien
01-18-2003, 04:14 AM
I'm quite happy with my Samsung 955DF :)

$230, Amazon :)

runs up to 1600x1200, but you might wanna consider somethign a little pricier, cause max refresh at 1600x1200 is 60Hz. I don't have a problem with it, but apparently some people do...;)

jussing
01-18-2003, 09:04 AM
Eveyone, thanks a billion for the advice so far! :thumbsup:

I'm concidering all suggestions!

Cheers,
- Jonas

Solesurvivor
01-18-2003, 09:30 AM
runs up to 1600x1200, but you might wanna consider somethign a little pricier, cause max refresh at 1600x1200 is 60Hz

I do find that low, mine's going 1600*1200@100Hz ;) great refresh rates, but i can't find a vid card who supports that :annoyed:

MadMax
01-18-2003, 06:47 PM
Viewsonic PF790

19"

Flat

crisp clear images

None of the problems you mentioned

okay, it has the horizontal lines.

did I mention reasonably priced?

I'd buy another without question

Spankenstein
01-20-2003, 05:48 PM
I just got a Viewsonic P95f+. Its so flat and beautiful. I think a lot of the people that have problems with viewsonics arent taking the time to adjust them properly. They are like any high performance machine. They take a LONG TIME to get tuned out. I have had this monitor for about a week and I am JUST NOW starting to feel comfy with how it is set up.

Anyway, I ordered it straight from the gateway.com store, since they are offering free shipping. Ended up being $264. Say what you want about their computers, but hey, I got a good deal on a monitor, heh.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.