PDA

View Full Version : what to buy? and where?

heavoell
01-17-2003, 07:51 AM
My main computer just died today. It was a p4 1.7, 756 rdram, gf 3. And i have to make a demo reel soon to graduate. So i'm looking for a new computer to buy in mid to late feb.
I'm having trouble deciding on what goes with what. i don't want to buy one thing that doesn't fit with another.
basically i'm looking for:

2 amd mp 2400 cpus
1 case with power supply
2 gigs of memory
1 mother board
1 quadro 4 xgl 750 or 900 is there much difference?
and the rest i'll just get from my dead comp.

If someone could please tell me what specific brand name and where to buy. i'm looking for stable and cheap. my buget is around 2000usd but could spend more. thankx

GregHess
01-17-2003, 02:18 PM
If your building yourself....

www.newegg.com
www.mwave.com
er crap I forgot the others....do a search in the forum.

If your buying a whole system...

www.boxxtech.com
www.alienware.com
www.xicomputer.com
www.monarchcomputer.com

kwshipman
01-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Also, www.googlegear.com (http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/Home.jsp) for parts.

jbradford
01-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Monarch is really good, I had the chance to buy from them in person. Really good supplies and prices.

heavoell
01-17-2003, 07:14 PM
thanks for the replys, but i'm looking for specific part names. I going to build it myself. What i'm not really sure is the motherboard and powersupply. processor is amd mp and videocard is qudro4, that's like easy. but i'm not sure what motherboard to really get and stuff. like will all the motherboards for amd mp work with qudro and stuff. I guess the most important part i wanted to know is what motherboard and powersupply. any suggestions would greatly help thankx

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.