PDA

View Full Version : Female Figure Exercise

Happy Trees
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I havent been on here in quite some time.

This is my first female figure in a 3d program.

http://www.myspacephoto.com/files/4899/sigure%20sketch%20finished.jpg

http://www.myspacephoto.com/files/4899/Figure%20sketch%20back.jpg

~5 hours.

No refference used. I just wanted to try and put in as much information from my head as I could.

Tell me if it looks right.

Rebeccak
07-11-2006, 06:10 AM
MagicRubber,

Great to see your foray into 3D! :)

I think this is looking great considering you've not yet used references! However, I think it's best to use Reference. One area that I might suggest tweaking is the shoulders ~ which look a bit sloped. Also I would look at reference for the upper legs and back. But for a non referenced model, things are looking pretty good. :)

It appears you may have a duplicate model or something ~ is that what the dark gray areas are? You definitely want to fix that. Great start! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

artistx
07-17-2006, 03:13 AM
I wish my modeling was this good on my first figure model attempt! Nice work.

I would go ahead and give more rounding to the deltoids in the front and back. Right now, they look square from the back. The flow from the chest area to the shoulder will look better as a result. The legs and lower abdomen are looking real good. You may want to look at some reference on the tail bone because it seems like it should be deep between the buttocks. I could be wrong on this though. I agree with the Rebeccak that the shoulders may need to be brought up a slight bit. Women have more slope to their shoulders than men, but it's subtle. If you make the shoulder blades more prominent, I think you'll be more satisfied with the look of that area. Even in women with more body fat, there areas where the bones manage to stick out.

By the way, what modeling package are you using. We may be able to give you more specific help or techniques if one of us is using the same package. Looking forward to seeing how you progress on this.

Happy Trees
07-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the help. For the record. I model mostly in Hexagon.( Its a great app)

This figure was just for practice and to test my knowledge (Thats why no refference). I should have my second attempt up this week or next week.

Thanks again. I will keep your advice in mind on the next one.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2006, 11:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.