PDA

View Full Version : VFX shot WIP - need some critique

Dalomar
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey gang,

Bryan Connery here from VFS. In the last few weeks of term 6 working on a few shots for my demo reel. I need some creative critisism on a few of the clips im working. Since several are similar in effect to the one at the link below, Ill only post the one for now.

Its missing something that I cant find. Ive changed the textures slightly and the lighting a bit here and there. So far its got a spec, color, bump, and amb occ pass for the background textures. Obviously I can only change the lighting on the actor in post, but Please fill me in on what you think is missing.

Also some true critisism on what you think of the shot in general would be uber helpful. Thanks!

Bryan - 3D58

Shot 01:

http://student.vfs.com/~3d58bryan/Shot_test.mov

dutchtilt
07-24-2006, 03:45 AM
some thoughts::

-everything is way to flat. really work with the curves and levels...almost everything is the same value.
-the wood needs more noise---it seems very perfect and cg.
-the mask you have on the actress needs some help; im not sure if it is the feathering or the choke...but it seems to be deleting a lot of information.
-there is a black like around your actress...try premultiplying that layer before you import it...

hope that helps!

Dalomar
07-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks dutchtilt,

Ive heard from quite a few people that it seems "flat" in general and Ive been experimenting with the texturing and added a shadow along the wall (from the light above). Ive tweaked the keys and removed much of the black line around her. Much of it was bleed from the horrible bluescreen, so it isnt easy getting rid of it without deleting needed information. Im also trying to figure out a way to add some glow from the panel onto her jacket.. any ideas anyone?!?!?

thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2006, 07:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.