PDA

View Full Version : Freedom_fighter, Blackarts (3D)

Blackarts
01-17-2003, 05:38 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/763/blackarts_large_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/763/blackarts_large.jpg)

Heres' a model I did just to test out sub-d modelling in maya. I pulled out a lot of hair, but I think I finally figured out a good workflow. Decided to make a nice looking pic out of it. I wanted to keep this one simple texture-wise, and make it more graphic and bold.

Anwyays, The BG was painted in Painter overtop of Geometry.

Let me know what you cats think...

cheers

element412
01-17-2003, 06:47 AM
EXTREME! ! !

no comment???

i abslolutly love it. this is a great model.
but i really really like the background texturing and lighting.

really great.

element

jadedchron
01-17-2003, 07:09 AM
or she's so good that she doesn't get dirty.. i think he means she looks a lil out of her environment

xinraylife
01-17-2003, 07:14 AM
why your image size is larger than 40K,but I can't upload
my image that larger than 40k

could you tell me the reason?
thank you

Oh, nice work.

element412
01-17-2003, 07:28 AM
cause his image isnt hosted by cgtalk.com.

he find himsleft a host on the net.

element

Akuma
01-17-2003, 07:48 AM
this is excellent, i love the outfit and the make up. Not to mention the great enginuity in those guns! i never thought of a knife going on the top like that, great thinking. This model is awesome. how about some action poses?

:beer:

Blackarts
01-17-2003, 08:22 AM
hey..yep she sure is clean! heh. I was sort of going for a comic book action figure type look, but maybe you are right, she might be a bit too clean. Although it does kind of make her being in that dingy place seem kind of uneasy....

element: you can make a link to an existing image using the IMG code...look for it at the bottom of where you attach your images, there is instructions on its use.

xinraylife
01-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Thanks a lot

I see, could you read my fresh thread(time's vestige)and
let me know your mind for my work?

NelsonInomvan
01-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Awesome :eek:
Great style :) Man your model really rocks and the backround is just wonderful no crits for you. Leave the girl just like that don't make her to dirty, maybe just the boots

thx1138
01-17-2003, 10:24 AM
She's gonna kick Lara's ass :) Very nice work man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SheepFactory
01-17-2003, 10:24 AM
I am speechless here :eek:

Perfect modelling & Texturing , i actually like the clean look.

Can you post a couple of wireframes , preferably the low poly cage.

:thumbsup:

cuse
01-17-2003, 11:07 AM
very inspiring... great stuff, more views please?? :shrug:

cuse

elvis75k
01-17-2003, 11:53 AM
I like her... :love:

Wampa
01-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Amazing. No comments...:buttrock:

DaliFan
01-17-2003, 12:29 PM
very nice :thumbsup:

but some of the work on your site is better, woa! especially the "brom'ish" style

:beer:

Najd
01-17-2003, 01:05 PM
I love your style, great one ! :applause:

mattregnier
01-17-2003, 02:54 PM
You mentioned something about developing a work flow for sub-d's you discovered. Could you post a bit about how you created it, or possibly a tutorial? Nice piece, reminds me of the good ol cap america or possibly even a female version of cap britain

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mdregnie/britain.jpg

JohnD
01-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Love the mask. Great work.

Maximus Groff
01-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey guys! Lets do a cgchallenge for super heros!!!!!!

(Maya people should run for spider-mans.. heheh)

Blackarts
01-17-2003, 05:29 PM
thanks for the feedback y'all.

matt:

My workflow is pretty similiat to the Stahlberg tutorial posted up here a while ago. I come from a gaming background, so i start by quickly volume modelling evething in polys or nurbs, then convert over to sub-d's. This beats smooth proxy since you dont have to add edges to get sharp creases, with sub-d's you just pick an edge and have full control over the creasing..very nice and it saves you (at least me) loads of time. And, as long as you have your low-res geo laid out relatively well you can go in and add some sweet surface detail by refining certain sections.

They do have their suck-side too. Texturing is a bitch...basically it comes doen to game texturing UV layouts, and is very time consuming. Hence the simple textures on this expirement. The automatic mapping function for sub-ds works pretty cleanly tho if you are mapping very geometric shapes..like walls tetraheydrons and crap like that. Oh- and if you above level 3 or 4 they slow down TONS. better make sure you have a fast machine. I rigged it using the Stalhberg wrap technique...worked pretty good although it was very slow work with.

Anwyays, they have their pluses and minuses..but in a strict modelling sense - they rule.

Here's a couple wire_shots:

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/Assets/Images/subd_geo.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/dmandryk/Assets/Images/lowpoly_cage.jpg

JasonA
01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
thats some awesome work there! I love it, and the chick looks like she could whoop some serious a$$ :) great modeling job, and texturing looks pretty good too... tho I think you could definitely keep adding to that for more realism closeup. But that definitely does not detract from what you got right now. its great!

emilioG
01-17-2003, 06:23 PM
dude, so can I like... get ther # or what??
heheh

Nice, very nice.

Blackarts
01-17-2003, 06:33 PM
I have a feeling she doesnt date much. ;)

emilioG
01-17-2003, 06:34 PM
lol

if she does, she'll cut you bal... I mean hea... eerrrr, arm off.
:p

emilioG
01-17-2003, 06:37 PM
jesus man!!!

I urge everyone to go check out Blackarts' website.

Very good work man. The model for your avatar's nice. I like the disproportioned symmetry between his arms. Very cool.

Earthborn
01-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Very Heavy Metalish :) Luv the face-paint...a definite plus.

As far as the clean/dirty issue...I personaly prefer the clean. Makes it look like she just landed and is ABOUT to get dirty kicking butt.

Great Work.

Maximus Groff
01-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Could you please post a link for stahlberg tutorial on rigging ?

Blackarts
01-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Here is the link...

My results weren't this good, but I guess it comes with practice. Anyways read all about from the master...

http://www.androidblues.com/rigtut.html

lildragon
01-17-2003, 11:54 PM
BAH! sorry I'm so late man, but it's good to have ya posting again, Blackarts bud this is just superb, I don't even think she need much more texture wise :p and bud you have to bang out some of those tris :wip:

But all the same

You have received the CGtalk choice award . Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Incredible work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - when it becomes available Keep it coming dude!!

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/award_jan_2003_2.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

Blackarts
01-18-2003, 12:07 AM
hey lildragon,

cool! a little award to put on my virtual desktop! I'm flattered.

Yup, I'll be posting more 3D stuff now, I took a side track for about 6 months and did a lot of 2D artwork just to polish my skills up a bit, but now I hunger for polys again!

good comment on the tris by the way, it's a bad habit!

cheers,

DM

ahe
01-24-2003, 05:37 AM
:beer: Brilliant! Great Work!

godfish
01-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Great pic! DO NOT MESS WITH THIS LADY!!! Like the weapon design-don't think I've seen blades on top of guns before!

cuse
01-27-2003, 03:24 PM
reminds me slightly of the 'blade2' guns... now they were cool...

cuse

tilite
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
i think this is a great piece. the realism isnt to ur full potential but brilliant work

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.