PDA

View Full Version : Intensity curve

Geser
07-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Hello!
I have mapped intensity parameter in Point light. For doing it
I have connected PointLight with lightInfo node and from lightInfo.sampleDistance I have connected to the animCurveUU node. In the animCurveUU node i have graph and keys for doing plot of how intensity changes with distance from light. And also animCurveUU.output is connected to PointLight.intensity parameter. It works well.
But I have many lights and each one of them have to be connected to it's own lightInfo node. So I have to dublicate animCurveUU node also for the every new lightInfo node. But these plots - Intensity from distance from light - supposed to be the same. If I want to change plot, i have to do it many times, to doing them the same. Can I fast copy plots from one animCurveUU node to another? Or I can to not dublicate animCurveUU many time at all?
Please give me advises!

isoparmB
07-10-2006, 12:44 PM
You could try connecting the same anim curve to all of your lights in the hypergraph. Just replicate the connection you find with your original light setup.

Geser
07-10-2006, 12:53 PM
I think, it's not so, because every animCurve node have to be connected to lightInfo also. And lightInfo is diffrent for every light.
I can connect animCurve.output to many lights, but only one lightInfo.sampleDistance can be connected to this animCurve. So I think, I should dublicate animCurves, one for one lightInfo. Is not it?
But may i copy keys?

isoparmB
07-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I see your problem now, it is an interesting one. It would be nice to have just one keyframe node control all lights, but yes it is possible to just copy the keyframe node and reconnect these duplicates to your lightInfo nodes and lights, or copy the keyframes in the channel box.

I'm thinking there might be a way to just connect these lightInfos and lights to a single control node, so tweaking can be easier.....

isoparmB
07-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Scratch copying keyframes in the channel box, sorry. This situation is like having the same set driven keyframes controlling multiple driver and driven objects. Copying the keyframe nodes and re-connecting them would be the best thing to do in this situation from what I can see...

isoparmB
07-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Hi Gaser.

I tried your lighting setup and it does give an interesting result, but I hope you can clarify something I can't quite understand. Why do you need separate light info nodes for your lights instead of just using one? Is there a reason for this? What is the difference between one light's light info node and another's?

Geser
07-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Thanks for help! Sorry for waiting.
Actually i have to agree with you, i see only copying as a way. LightInfos have to be as many as lights, because lightInfo.worldMatrix has to be connected to light.worldMatrix. After this lightInfo.sampleDistance is the distance of shading point at object to particular light source.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2006, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.